The Weather.

Yesterday wasn't too bad, but the heatwave here doesn't seem to be letting up. Today will be over 30 C again, with no end in sight until after this weekend, hopefully.. Without a/c in my house I am melting down.

It other news, I heard that Sicily hit a European record of 48.8 C yesterday, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
🥵 Well, really not that bad. It’s been hotter. But the humidity is icky and I’m locked in the bedroom with the cats because of the windows being installed. No ac, just the fan. But so far I’m comfortable.
19176871-EA20-400C-9804-F9968A2793F2.jpeg
EAA4D453-5853-44C9-BC98-5DC69B1E05B7.jpeg

Boooo…my town is one of three specifically mentioned, although I’m sure it will change and go back and forth at least ten times before Sunday evening. I wouldn’t mind if this one turned and headed somewhere else.

29B2A195-32A7-4DEB-9A80-12CA938B8FBC.jpeg

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
Good afternoon from SCW.

Tropical Storm Henri is a little stronger this afternoon off the southeast coast of the US, but the internal structure still looks disorganized, which currently limits its ability to strengthen much.

The midday guidance has continued to shift west and narrow the area of focus, and a direct impact over CT is becoming increasingly likely. In fact, given the guidance trends we've seen the last 24 hours, it currently looks like the most likely scenario.

That said, there is still a lot of time for shifts back and forth, so no one should focus on the exact center point of the system. There is increasing confidence in significant coastal flooding, flash flooding, and for those that are closest to the center--damaging winds. There are still questions that need to be resolved over the exact track and how far inland strong winds are able to travel. There are also questions over the precise intensity when Henri gets here, but whether it is a strong tropical storm or just at the hurricane threshold doesn't really change impacts.

As we've said repeatedly, choose preparation over panic, and take this system seriously. We will continue to watch trends and will provide our *first call* forecast tonight.

The photo you see is essentially a summary of the latest computer model runs. It illustrates well the current consensus, but additional shifts are likely as we get closer to landfall.

-DB

Good afternoon from SCW.

Tropical Storm Henri is a little stronger this afternoon off the southeast coast of the US, but the internal structure still looks disorganized, which currently limits its ability to strengthen much.

The midday guidance has continued to shift west and narrow the area of focus, and a direct impact over CT is becoming increasingly likely. In fact, given the guidance trends we've seen the last 24 hours, it currently looks like the most likely scenario.

That said, there is still a lot of time for shifts back and forth, so no one should focus on the exact center point of the system. There is increasing confidence in significant coastal flooding, flash flooding, and for those that are closest to the center--damaging winds. There are still questions that need to be resolved over the exact track and how far inland strong winds are able to travel. There are also questions over the precise intensity when Henri gets here, but whether it is a strong tropical storm or just at the hurricane threshold doesn't really change impacts.

As we've said repeatedly, choose preparation over panic, and take this system seriously. We will continue to watch trends and will provide our *first call* forecast tonight.

The photo you see is essentially a summary of the latest computer model runs. It illustrates well the current consensus, but additional shifts are likely as we get closer to landfall.

-DB

I've also been watching the weather forecast and apparently it should hit the New England coast. Hopefully as it's cooler, it'll weaken the wind force.

Reactions: KLS52
We just got alerts on our iPhones. It was so loud I nearly jumped out of my seat. They’re not messing around with this one. I’m thinking it will be like all of the snowstorm forecasts where they promise me a foot of snow and all I get is two inches lol. That wouldn’t be a bad thing in this situation.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Oh that's not good! From what I've been reading it seems that these kinds of natural disasters are only going to increase with global warming.

On a more positive note, it's starting to feel a bit like Spring down here at the moment, and I have just planted out my snow peas seedlings which I started from seed, indoors, 2 weeks ago.

I just saw on the news that Henri may directly hit Point Judith, RI, which is like 5 miles from parents' beach cottage, so not good. I spent the day helping them batten down the hatches. Where I am, it's a tropical storm warning, as I'm north of the coast. But the wind and rain could be a big problem. Eversource, the (wretched, lame) power company we have, is predicting a ridiculous number of power outages that could last 8 to 21 days. That company was horrible during Tropical Storm Isiais last year. They are trying to soften the blow of their incompetence! @KLS52 , I hope you guys will be OK. Stay safe!

I just saw on the news that Henri may directly hit Point Judith, RI, which is like 5 miles from parents' beach cottage, so not good. I spent the day helping them batten down the hatches. Where I am, it's a tropical storm warning, as I'm north of the coast. But the wind and rain could be a big problem. Eversource, the (wretched, lame) power company we have, is predicting a ridiculous number of power outages that could last 8 to 21 days. That company was horrible during Tropical Storm Isiais last year. They are trying to soften the blow of their incompetence! @KLS52 , I hope you guys will be OK. Stay safe!

I've been monitoring your area on the news which gives conflicting information. I hope that you will be fine as it does sound scary. PTree you live inland so you may have a tropical storm and not the effects of the hurricane? Stay safe KL.:hug:

• Friendly
I don’t know what to think at this point. We are still supposedly getting hit pretty bad but now that are giving a more detailed/tweaked forecast, the winds don’t seem like they will be as bad. But the rain is going to be a problem still. Henri shifted slightly northeast. I can’t decipher exactly what that met. I think it’s better for me.
@PTree15 I think you may get a ridiculous amount of rain. I do hope the property in RI is ok. Stay safe!