The Weather.

So PTree, these are photos from your area…looks like parts of CT got hit bad!
We lost power at 7:30 last night. It came back on at 3:15 am. Not so terrible. They are trying to scare us with excessive rain today so water coming in is still a concern, but so far so good.

I’m assuming this isn’t you, hahahahaha 😉
View attachment 25647

You assume correctly! There was a lot of flash flooding within a couple of miles of my house, and one not even half a mile away. Fortunately, my street did not flood. Ugh on losing power! That's so weird that you got through the worst of the storm with the power still on and then it went off. I'm wondering whether the power company had to turn off your area to make repairs elsewhere. That has happened on occasion.

Oh, and the road that washed away is about a mile and half from me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Scary. Good that all is well with you. I hope PTree is OK.
Thank you, shyvas, I am. I had to leave for Rhode Island yesterday during a wicked downpour, and water was starting to pool in my yard. The ground is so saturated. So I'm hoping my basement is still dry. I'm at my sister's, as I'm meeting my dad for his doctor visit today. I often go with him on these visits because he doesn't hear well, so I want to make sure he gets everything.

So glad you both are safe! Tennessee however is so tragic! Those people thought they'd already been through a 'once in lifetime' disaster☹️
How anyone can deny climate change, or the quest to change it, is beyond me!

It's in the 90's this week, and suffocating humidity. A few schools that are just now reopening, are calling off

So glad you both are safe! Tennessee however is so tragic! Those people thought they'd already been through a 'once in lifetime' disaster☹️
How anyone can deny climate change, or the quest to change it, is beyond me!

It's in the 90's this week, and suffocating humidity. A few schools that are just now reopening, are calling off
Thank you, silva. Agree on Tennessee. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Today is a steam bath! Hot and humid with "real feel" in the 90s. Blah.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
Same old same old here! Watching Ida head to New Orleans on the very day that Katrina hit 16 years ago. Ida is a Cat 4 storm and may strengthen into a 5 by the time it hits this afternoon. I am so worried about those people over there!

Chilly today and it feels good. No AC needed which is awesome. I have the windows open. No sun though. It’s quite overcast but that’s ok. A little preview to Autumn even though I know we’re not done with summer yet.

Heavy rain expected through tomorrow. I have a feeling we’re going to get more rain with this event than we did for Henri. There is little hype with this other than flash flood warnings compared to the panic they created with Henri and then nothing happened. I’m prepared just in case and will also not be surprised if we lose power.

It’s a shame that we will have two cooler days in the 70’s but it will be raining. Kind of a waste.

I am feeling something akin to survivors guilt.
Its been in the low 70s and sunny all week. Some smoke haze but not too bad.
but there are heat waves all over. Forest fires. Hurricanes. Floods. Oh, my.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52