TV & Film The TV Room

Started Manhunt because I love Martin Clunes so much from Doc Martin. Normally I absolutely hate mysteries/crime dramas so we will see how long I hold out or if I abandon it. On episode 2 now.

Nevermind. I’m done. I don’t like it. I think I’ll look up what else Clunes has done.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and phlubup
Just finished a show called Hanna, which is along the lines of Nikita concept-wise, and liked it well enough. Good to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos on a screen together again at the very least.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
finished Emily in Paris and it was decent and as my honey said last night as we started to watch the last two episodes... "the good thing is that it is so far removed from the stress of my work challenges and the current world situation that I will enjoy being distracted"

now we need another binge worthy option

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: phlubup
Just finished a show called Hanna, which is along the lines of Nikita concept-wise, and liked it well enough. Good to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos on a screen together again at the very least.
I saw the movie Hanna (2011) and I really liked it, staring Saoirse Ronan and Eric Bana, but I wasn't sold on the TV show. I watched just a few episodes. but maybe I'll come back to it.

I liked both the movie and the TV show Nikita. come to think of it I never finished the TV show either.

Then there is Eva....

Reactions: phlubup
I saw the movie Hanna (2011) and I really liked it, staring Saoirse Ronan and Eric Bana, but I wasn't sold on the TV show. I watched just a few episodes. but maybe I'll come back to it.

I liked both the movie and the TV show Nikita. come to think of it I never finished the TV show either.

Then there is Eva....
This was my 2nd try at binging it. The first time it just wasn't what my brain was looking to be entertained by, but I'm glad I came back to it.

I'm not finding anything on Eva with a cursory google search; do you have any more info on it?

This was my 2nd try at binging it. The first time it just wasn't what my brain was looking to be entertained by, but I'm glad I came back to it.
I'll try it again. check out the movie when you have time. The movie and tv show are the same story. but the tv show is obviously longer
I'm not finding anything on Eva with a cursory google search; do you have any more info on it?
Oh. that is because its not Eva but Ava. It's also new and on Netflix.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and phlubup
I just started Ava, and realized that I watched it at some point closer to the start of the Extended 2020 Universe, and liked it quite a bit.

Meanwhile I'm sitting at home rewatching Community Season 4 (2012) and I recognized the Balloon guide. Do you?

is Ava really part of the DCEU or are you just having fun?
No, it's a joke about how 2020 hasn't ended yet (Extended 2020 Universe), and I was just making a play on DCEU's name.
Meanwhile I'm sitting at home rewatching Community Season 4 (2012) and I recognized the Balloon guide. Do you?

I know she's not gonna write me a love song.

• Love
Reactions: Lou
started watching Ozark last night - wow, interesting show - Jason Bateman is always amazing as in Laura Linney - not a premise I thought that I would like and yet it is gripping right from the start - this should keep us entertained for a while...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Starting this. Anything with Kristen Bell gets an extra 10 points from me out of the gate, after Veronica Mars and The Good Place.
I think I'll start that. although In from the cold looks good, too.
Big Veroncica Mars fan here. Although I didn't love the Good Place. And didn't like the one where she goes on a cruise with Kelsey Grammar. But I liked Hit and Run, the one she did with her real life husband.

Reactions: Emma JC