TV & Film The TV Room

I think it was always mentioned in the books. But I don't remember so many people commenting on it. On the TV show its like everyone has to say something about it once.

I think it reflects real life - most people cannot seem to stop themselves from commenting if someone is tall ...

I would just drool a bit and keep my comments to myself. :rofl:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

We stayed up late last night finishing Reacher. I really enjoyed watching it. I hardly ever find anything to watch on Amazon Prime.

I read The Boys is out in June this year and we will watch that.

I loved it. Best one in years. I usually tune out for the halftime show, but this one was worth watching.
Well I suppose it depends on your musical tastes, and maybe how old you are... but this one didn't even crack my top ten.
To name a few, and In no particular order..
Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Prince, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Tom Petty, The Who, Blues Brothers....

Reactions: Emma JC
Well I suppose it depends on your musical tastes, and maybe how old you are... but this one didn't even crack my top ten.
To name a few, and In no particular order..
Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Prince, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Tom Petty, The Who, Blues Brothers....
Yes, that's why I qualified it by saying the best "in years," at least for me. :D. I liked most of those you listed (not a Madonna or Lady Gaga fan), but most of them were more than 10 years ago. I'm not sure age is always a factor, either. I'm old, and I do happen to enjoy rap and hip-hop.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Yes, that's why I qualified it by saying the best "in years," at least for me. :D. I liked most of those you listed (not a Madonna or Lady Gaga fan), but most of them were more than 10 years ago. I'm not sure age is always a factor, either. I'm old, and I do happen to enjoy rap and hip-hop.
Not that I like rap or hip hop but the age is important in that us seniors are old enough to have seen those half times.

I haven't really seen many of them. I watched The Weeknd one but that is because I'm a fan of his.

I read that someone was saying that they thought that the Prince one was the best so I watched that as well yesterday. The rain did make it more dramatic!

Reactions: Lou
I'm really digging Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix. Kinda reminds me of Cronenberg and Twin Peaks.
Huh? I was interested in that - mainly the title - but it got mixed reviews so I decided to skip it. Can you tell us what you like about it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I've been watching the Jack Ryan TV series.
I wasn't going to -- I read all the books, and seen all the movies but I read all the the Reacher books and seen all the movies, too --- and I really liked Reacher. Just finished the first season.

The first season didn't seem to me to be like any one particular book. But I felt that they kept to the spirit of the thing pretty closely. But there were a number of differences.

Just looked up a review and its supposed to be sort of a modern reboot/ prequel.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I've been watching the Jack Ryan TV series.
I wasn't going to -- I read all the books, and seen all the movies but I read all the the Reacher books and seen all the movies, too --- and I really liked Reacher. Just finished the first season.

The first season didn't seem to me to be like any one particular book. But I felt that they kept to the spirit of the thing pretty closely. But there were a number of differences.

Just looked up a review and its supposed to be sort of a modern reboot/ prequel.
I really liked that too!

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou