TV & Film The TV Room

I just (binge) watched the Netflix show « For Life » and found it very good.
Modeled after the real-life case of Isaac Wright, its premise is unrealistic, but the series is gripping.
Isaac Wright was wrongly convicted, then exonerated and became a lawyer himself, the first person to do so. The hero of the series, Aaron Wallace, is also wrongly convicted as drug kingpin, then studies law and passes the bar, and then uses his legal cases to exonerate himself. I guess it would be very unlikely that a convicted criminal would be admitted to the bar before his exoneration. But then, as far as I know, Rudy Giuliani has not been disbarred yet, so maybe this might work…

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I liked Hawkeye so much I went with the next MCU show on my list - Peacemaker.
Surprisingly good.
Its campy in an appealing sort of way.
Lighthearted entertainment with a splash of violence. A lot of funny scenes, good dialog, some good character development, and a nice amount of action. Everything a good comic book tv show should be.
The cast is diverse but not so much artificially.

The Eagle, which is entirely CGI steals every scene he is in.
The opening credits are great.

I hope there is a season 2.

Oh yes, I saw the trailer for Nine Perfect Strangers and thought it looked interesting.

I started watching another Hulu show called "Marvel's Runaways." It's about a group of teens who discover their parents have a secret life. The youngest of the group whose parents died in a fire and was adopted, has developed a "superpower" at puberty which she keeps to herself. It's a fun show and I stayed up late watching it!

Reactions: Emma JC
I started watching another Hulu show called "Marvel's Runaways."
I watched at least the first season. maybe more. but somewhere along the line I stopped watching it. Not sure why. I may have to try to figure out where I left off and check it out.

There are a lot of good things about the show.

I watched a comedy show starting Taylor Tomlinson (sp?) on Netflix.
Most of her material crossed over the line of bad taste. I really liked it.

Oh. just discovered this is her second special. I'll check out the first one later.
Meanwhile check out the trailer.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sax and Emma JC
last night we watched a couple more episodes of Raising Dion - it is getting more and more interesting

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I've started that series twice - I think. let me know what you think when you get to the end. I just found that the character Dion was too annoying, and I was not impressed by the actor who played him either.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I think I'm going to get rid of Netflix next month. I've been trying to watch a few things before then.

I saw the film The Weekend Away last night. I read it didn't have great reviews but I really enjoyed it. Two friends go away for a weekend and when one of them wakes up the next morning the other woman is missing. There were lots of twists and turns.

I've seen a few other films, Body Cam, a horror with Mary J Blige. Wow, she cannot act! Another quite a good horror film called Black Water: Abyss.

I'm sure there was at least one documentary I wanted to see on Netflix.

Am now - for the first time - watching the 2003 series “Arrested Development“ on Netflix as it recently was made available, very funny.
Love Jason Bateman. Also like him a lot in “Ozark”.
I have a season on DVD. I need to rewatch it. Great show.

The Last Days of American Crime on Netflix was good. Even though I didn't recognize any of the actors their performances were great...the sociopathic antagonist especially.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou