TV & Film The TV Room

I should probably add a warning about brand new cherry flavor....it gets pretty intense and uncomfortable. If you aren't familiar with body horror you might find it shocking.

I finished it last night...the ending felt abrupt and left a lot unresolved. Probably going to rewatch it though.

we finally started watching Raising Dion last night - I thought someone had recommended it a while back and can't seem to find who, @Lou ? was it you?

It is interesting and as my honey loves sci-fi it is close enough, so far, to hold his interest and I am enjoying it.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we finally started watching Raising Dion last night - I thought someone had recommended it a while back and can't seem to find who, @Lou ? was it you?

It is interesting and as my honey loves sci-fi it is close enough, so far, to hold his interest and I am enjoying it.

Emma JC
Not me. I never heard of it. but I just looked it up and it sounds great. I put it on my list.

I started watching the new Law and Order. I was a big fan of the original Law and Order - watched every episode. not a fan of SVU or any of the other spin offs.

Anyway I only got about half way thru. The new cop is just awful. I couldn't stand watching him.

I also tried the new CW superhero show Naomi. Now I remember why I don't like shows about High School students. Not going to finish that one either.

I'm gonna go back to season 2 of Jack Ryan.

Reactions: Emma JC
I started watching the new Law and Order. I was a big fan of the original Law and Order - watched every episode. not a fan of SVU or any of the other spin offs.

Anyway I only got about half way thru. The new cop is just awful. I couldn't stand watching him.
You reminded me as my husband mentioned the new L&O a few days ago. We only ever watched the original show and Criminal Intent.

The new guy you mean is the one from Burn Notice, not that I ever saw that show, actually.

We will try it but before we will watch the last series of Criminal Intent as we didn't ever get around to seeing that last series.:)

You reminded me as my husband mentioned the new L&O a few days ago. We only ever watched the original show and Criminal Intent.

The new guy you mean is the one from Burn Notice, not that I ever saw that show, actually.
The character is a huge A-Hole. I couldn't stand him.

We will try it but before we will watch the last series of Criminal Intent as we didn't ever get around to seeing that last series.:)
I've seen a lot of the seasons of criminal intent. I liked the ones with Jeff Goldblum the most.

I've seen a lot of the seasons of criminal intent. I liked the ones with Jeff Goldblum the most.
I totally forgot he was in that show! I only remembered when I started reading about it on Wiki last night.

I liked the original cast of Criminal Intent. Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe were the main characters. He is now one of the main gangsters in "The Godfather of Harlem" which I really like.
I have been catching up on the new show called "The Cleaning Lady." It is about an illegal immigrant from the Philippines trying to save her ill little boy. She and several other illegal women work as cleaning ladies and she gets involved with a gangster. It's pretty exciting.

The character is a huge A-Hole. I couldn't stand him.
I had to go and watch it to see what you meant about him. :D I do see what you mean.

I did think the episode was good overall, though. It is nice to have it back.

I started binge watching the last series of Criminal Intent last night. I watched 5 of them. I had forgotten how good that show was!

I may have seen all the episodes of that show. which surprised me cause I didn't like it that much.

When I was looking to see if there were episodes I missed I was reminded that Alicia Witt was like in a half dozen episodes of S7

• Informative
I may have seen all the episodes of that show. which surprised me cause I didn't like it that much.

When I was looking to see if there were episodes I missed I was reminded that Alicia Witt was like in a half dozen episodes of S7
Oh yes. I remembered about her when you guys were mentioning her on here.

My husband watched the last few episodes of Criminal Intent with me last night. He hasn't seen most of them like I have but he thought it was good as well.

Emma JC
I did a search here on the VF for "Dion" and nothing old came up.
But when I started watching Raising Dion, it does seem awfully familiar. I have a feeling that I started watching it but never finished it. I find Dion to be disobedient, willful. and a little annoying.

• Friendly
This looks interesting:

I’m still on the fence about watching because I’m a bit ambivalent about Julia Child herself. She changed a lot about cooking in America, but she was dismissive towards vegetarian cooking. And she was kind of snotty to Julie Powell, who famously blogged about cooking her way through Julia Child’s cookbook.

• Friendly
Against the Ice on Netflix was pretty good. Beautifully shot, slow paced but not boring. There's a scene where the two stranded men toast to hope and the look in Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's eyes says so much, really impressed with his acting.

This looks interesting:

I’m still on the fence about watching because I’m a bit ambivalent about Julia Child herself. She changed a lot about cooking in America, but she was dismissive towards vegetarian cooking. And she was kind of snotty to Julie Powell, who famously blogged about cooking her way through Julia Child’s cookbook.
I saw the movie about Julie P. I hated it. Somehow knowing Julia felt that way makes me feel better :hide:
I enjoyed Julia Childs PBS cooking shows growing up, and her book on vegetables was the biggest help for me when I turned vegetarian as a teen

Reactions: PTree15
I should probably add a warning about brand new cherry flavor....it gets pretty intense and uncomfortable. If you aren't familiar with body horror you might find it shocking.

I finished it last night...the ending felt abrupt and left a lot unresolved. Probably going to rewatch it though.
I got the audio book from the library and am surprisingly enjoying it--I say that because I usually have a hard time listening to ficton, but it's well done. I bit long on the descriptive passages but I bet a good read. They didn't have the book
Maybe I'll check out a month of netflix?