TV & Film The TV Room

my honey (and therefore I) has been watching Cobra Kai, the new season on Netflix - he is a martial artist from way back so loves to watch (critique) the sparring - I read mostly while it's on and watch when there is dialogue and character development ...

reached the end last night so that is good

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
we caved and started watching Emily in Paris last night - my expectation was that we would be bailing during episode one and instead we are up to Episode 7 and enjoying it - the scenes in Paris itself are beautiful, especially episode 5 with the Immersive van Gogh scenes

Emma JC

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
my honey (and therefore I) has been watching Cobra Kai, the new season on Netflix - he is a martial artist from way back so loves to watch (critique) the sparring - I read mostly while it's on and watch when there is dialogue and character development ...

reached the end last night so that is good

Emma JC
My husband used to do judo and jui jitsu and he watched Cobra Kai too and liked it.
we caved and started watching Emily in Paris last night - my expectation was that we would be bailing during episode one and instead we are up to Episode 7 and enjoying it - the scenes in Paris itself are beautiful, especially episode 5 with the Immersive van Gogh scenes

Emma JC
I saw a vegan couple on YT go to that Van Gogh exhibit the other day. It looked amazing.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
ditched Emily in Paris, for the moment, and started watching A Discovery of Witches, on Prime - it is a bit dark and yet very interesting, has Matthew Goode from Downton Abbey

Emma JC

the second season of Discovery of Witches is not free on Prime so we switched over to Season 2 of Alex Ryder - a very good show, we didn't want to quit watching last night - will finish Season 2 tonight

Emma JC

the second season of Discovery of Witches is not free on Prime so we switched over to Season 2 of Alex Ryder - a very good show, we didn't want to quit watching last night - will finish Season 2 tonight

Emma JC
Thanks for the info on Discovery of Witches. I probably won't continue watching it now. I am liking The Godfather of Harlem and I hope it gets renewed for another season. It's on Hulu.

Reactions: Emma JC
I started rewatching Doc Martin. I absolutely love this show. Hulu has seasons 1-5 and I just found out there are five more seasons! But season 10 will be the last. 😒

Unfortunately I can’t get seasons 6-10 because none of my current streaming apps carry it. But I can do a 7 day free trial of Acorn and probably watch all of 6-9 before the trial ends lol.
I’ll decide what to do with season 10 after that. I’m not sure if it has even aired yet.

I’m probably too excited about this. But I just love Doc Martin! 😍

• Friendly
As stated, I’m watching Doc Martin and something I’m noticing is how low the doorframes are…is this a thing or is it just for the houses/cottages that are specific to this particular location in England? Martin Clunes is quite tall I suppose at 6’3”…

Port Isaac north of Cornwall…gorgeous scenery. 😍

As stated, I’m watching Doc Martin and something I’m noticing is how low the doorframes are…is this a thing or is it just for the houses/cottages that are specific to this particular location in England? Martin Clunes is quite tall I suppose at 6’3”…

Port Isaac north of Cornwall…gorgeous scenery. 😍
There are lots of cottages in Cornwall and they do tend to have very low doors. I'm not tall (5 foot 6) but I wouldn't want to live in a cottage as I would worry about banging my head on the beams etc...

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
I want to watch Archive 81 on Netflix this week. It is meant to be very scary, but I don't want to read too much about it. I read there is going to be a second season.

Reactions: phlubup and KLS52
Archive 81 was really good imo. Solid horror TV. Also watched Station Eleven recently and it's one of the best things I've seen in the 2020 time blob. Just started Euphoria and I see why people like it.

• Love
Reactions: Raven
Archive 81…looks really scary/good but I can’t watch anything with the words demonic/cults lol. Darn. I was hoping I’d have a new series to watch.

• Love
Reactions: Raven and phlubup
Archive 81…looks really scary/good but I can’t watch anything with the words demonic/cults lol. Darn. I was hoping I’d have a new series to watch.
If those particular elements trigger you then you would definitely want to avoid Archive 81, yeah.

Reactions: KLS52
Archive 81 was really good imo. Solid horror TV. Also watched Station Eleven recently and it's one of the best things I've seen in the 2020 time blob. Just started Euphoria and I see why people like it.
how is station eleven?

We watched the first 4 episodes of Archive 81 last night. I did like it but I didn't think it was very scary so far. I definitely want to carry on with it though. I might watch another episode in a minute before my husband goes to work.

It reminds me of something else...

Reactions: phlubup and KLS52
We watched the first 4 episodes of Archive 81 last night. I did like it but I didn't think it was very scary so far. I definitely want to carry on with it though. I might watch another episode in a minute before my husband goes to work.

It reminds me of something else...
Archive 81 was more creepy than "scary" to me, if that distinction is meaningful outside my skull anyway. I found it disquieting, which I enjoyed.

Reactions: Raven
Archive 81 was more creepy than "scary" to me, if that distinction is meaningful outside my skull anyway. I found it disquieting, which I enjoyed.
Yes, it definitely is creepy! It is good acting too.

Reactions: phlubup