TV & Film The TV Room

I forgot how depressing watching Grey's Anatomy can be. Lots of emotion and death. I've been doing a lot of crying the last few weeks! 😭
I watched what I think was the first 9 seasons and then I got tired of it. First they had pretty much gotten rid of the orriginal cast and even some of the new members. When they killed off Little Grey - that might have been the final straw.
But it was a great show. A little too soapy and melodramatic for my tastes but I got caught up in it like many of the fans.
Also I got the impression that they were recycling some of the plots and some of the new romances seemed too similar to the old ones. although that might have been on purpose. I think fans call that "call backs". I wonder if some fan has made a list of all the "meet-cutes" that happened in the elevator.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
@Lou you're not wrong in your description of it. 😊

I only have two seasons left and I'm going to be sad when I'm all done.

@Lou you're not wrong in your description of it. 😊

I only have two seasons left and I'm going to be sad when I'm all done.
Won't there be any more next year?
Oh and then there are the spin-offs.
Private Practice and Station 19. There might even be more.

Won't there be any more next year?
Oh and then there are the spin-offs.
Private Practice and Station 19. There might even be more.
Yes! Season 20 starts this Thursday. It's going to be hard for me to watch week to week.

I love Private Practice. I rewatched that two years ago.
But I couldn't get into Station 19.

I just finished rewatching Royal Pains on Netflix. which I originally watched when it was on broadcast tv.
The drama in that show was less organic than in Grey's. But there was more humor. still more than enough romances. Pretty people and pretty scenery. And a medical show but less hospital stuff. And No One dies. No tears TV.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Never saw Greys Anatomy, but did like St Elsewhere a lot! and House.
Oh back in the day (before I had a VCR, I had to get home on Wednesday nights for St. Elsewhere and Thurs for Hill St blues. Thursday night had this whole line up - like from 8 to 11. Cheers, Family Ties Cosby, and then Hill St.

Reactions: Emma JC
I remember watching Cheers on a Friday night on Channel 4 in the 80s (wow, I just checked, that was February 1983, before my brother was born!) and then it was Roseanne in later years. Then they started showing Ellen, Friends and Frasier in the 90s.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I've never even seen one episode of Grey's Anatomy.

I have bought a few of the Gray's Anatomy books when my son still wanted to study medicine (he has since then found out - mainly by watching pathology youtube videos - that he actually did not really want to study it, something I might have told him easier, and cheaper :p )...

Those books are really cool, by the way.

I have enjoyed watching "The Good Doctor", although I typically have to cover the part of the screen with my hands where the operation is happening...

Reactions: KLS52
We watched Rabbit Hole. I had forgotten about that show. Oh I just checked. It doesn't have a second season.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
I finished the second season of Extraordinary. The. final episode ended with sort of a cliff hanger but a third season has not been announced. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
my honey likes Mayor of Kingstown (Jeremy Renner) - I am not a fan as it very dark and violent so I watch while reading - it is filmed very close to where I live (most of it) and so that is fascinating as I see places that I know very well and even saw a glimpse of where I currently live and a church that I used to attend, so that is fun

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

started watching The Gentlemen last night and enjoyed it other than sometimes not being able to understand the brogue

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Yes, my wife and I binge watched that over the weekend, very nice series, as I had expected from Guy Richie.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I love it when a tv show/episode makes a political joke. I'm watching Grey's where Amelia has brain surgery. The surgeon asks if she's knows who the president is and she says, "I wish I didn't". 😂 It was 2017.

Another time, in Gilmore Girls, Sookie and Lorelai are looking to buy the run down Dragonfly Inn and they're trying to find out who owns it. It was the early 2000's and Sookie comes out with, "I hope it isn't that b@st@rd Donald Trump. 😂

I should say I love it when I agree with the joke. If it were the other way around I wouldn't find it so funny. 😁