TV & Film The TV Room

we watched a youtuber American guy who reviews videos about Canada - Tyler Bucket - he's pretty funny and interesting and willing to laugh at himself

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
Last night I wasn't doing anything so I thought, what the heck, and rewatched The Nine Lives of Chloe King. The main actress, Skyler Samuels, is the new Aurora Teagarden, which I just watched.

I think I must have first caught Nine Lives when ABC cancelled and the reruns were on Freeform. (ten years ago I had cut my TV cable and watched stuff on the internet. Freeform was my GoTo for entertainment.)
I know I watched the whole season and liked it but while rewatching it I think I really appreciated what a good show it was. Skyler has a pretty face and the camera spent a lot of time on her. but she and most of the cast were also pretty good actors. And it takes place in SF and they go out of the way to make the city a costar. Lots of good scenery in the moments between scenes, many of the scenes are shot in very recognizable SF locations, and a lot of destinations are part of the dialog. plus stuff like one of her friends is Korean and the other one has two dads. For me that pretty much is SF.

It's a pretty typical super hero show and it has more Teenage Drama than I like but the show did get some good reviews - 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Sometimes characters in shows need to do stupid things to help create suspense or drama. For example, Going outside by yourself to look around for a serial killer. Having a teenager do it makes it just so much more believable.
:)

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I cried too much at the end of Six Feet Under.
I started Based on a True story a bit ago. I am going to love it.

was caught up Friday night watching the coup live on Youtube - what an extraordinary experience - compares to August of 1990 and watching the invasion of Kuwait on CNN and seeing war live for the first time - it is hard to look away - it has been an extraordinary 48 hours in time...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I finished season one of "House of Dragons". Wow! The last episode was intense and the dragons finally got featured in all their awesome fearsome CGI! I watched this because it has dragons but they weren't shown as much as I would like. The last couple of episodes stepped it up though. Can't wait for next season!

We watched the first two episodes of And Just Like That last night. I like it, although lots of people don't like this new Sex and the City show, as I read.

Now I'm back on Dawson's Creek.

I started watching "1883" which is a pre-prequel to "Yellowstone." It is the story of the original Dutton family's journey to establish the famous ranch. They join a wagon train of German immigrants in Texas for a treacherous journey north into the unsettled lands. It is really good! Tim McGraw and Faith Hill star as Mr. and Mrs. Dutton and Sam Elliot is the wagon train boss.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I'm getting bored with Dawson's Creek now Joey and Pacey are together.

I am going to watch the new episode of And Just Like That when my husband gets home.

We watched the first episodes of JR. I think the other episodes come out each week. There are only 6 in this series, I read. I liked it. I wonder if it will carry on with a new lead actor as I read John Krasinski only signed up for four seasons.

I've been alternating Star Trek Strange New Worlds with Jack Ryan. New episodes drop only every week or so. I'm thinking if I need something else - I'll start the TV series, Hanna. I loved the movie version.

I have only one more episode to finish season one of "1883" and there will probably be no season 2. It's a great story of the brave pioneers whom I so admire!

Just watched the new episodes of “Lincoln Lawyer” on Netflix.
While I like it, I am a little concerned about the not-so-subtle changes they made to the story.
Guess they were necessary to update the 2011 story from “foreclosure epidemic” to “gentrification”.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Just watched the new episodes of “Lincoln Lawyer” on Netflix.
While I like it, I am a little concerned about the not-so-subtle changes they made to the story.
Guess they were necessary to update the 2011 story from “foreclosure epidemic” to “gentrification”.
I'm not sure if I ever saw the movie. I will have to go watch it first

• Friendly
I'm not sure if I ever saw the movie. I will have to go watch it first
Hello Lou, the movie and the Netflix series have nothing to do with each other.
As a matter of fact, parts of the first season of the series and the movie are both based on the same book, so they don’t line up with each other. While the movie follows the book precisely, the series has been changed to some extent. Both are good IMO.

• Informative
Hello Lou, the movie and the Netflix series have nothing to do with each other.
As a matter of fact, parts of the first season of the series and the movie are both based on the same book, so they don’t line up with each other. While the movie follows the book precisely, the series has been changed to some extent. Both are good IMO.
ok, thanks.
I'll still watch the movie first.
I have a long list of other tv shows to watch.
Movies are just easier.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Andy_T
I have a long list of other tv shows to watch.

Any good suggestions?

I have recently started to binge watch “Justified” on Disney Plus.
Nothing special, but I really like it, as I am a big fan of Walton Goggins, ever since I watched “The Hateful Eight”.

Any good suggestions?

I have recently started to binge watch “Justified” on Disney Plus.
Nothing special, but I really like it, as I am a big fan of Walton Goggins, ever since I watched “The Hateful Eight”.
I'm not a big fan of Crime tv stuff. Except years ago I watched every Law and Order.
Right now I'm watching the new Jack Ryan and the new Star Trek. I'm thinking of starting the series Hanna - cause I liked the movie.

Past stuff I have watched and really liked is....
Hawkeye, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, She Hulk, Animal Control.
Netflix stuff.
Manifest, Sense8, Stranger Things, iZombie, Veronica Mars, Wednesday, Shadow and Bone, The Umbrella Academy, Teenage Bounty Hunters, Attorney Woo......

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Andy_T
We watched the new episode of And Just Like That last night. Then the new Real Housewives of Orange County afterwards.

I will probably watch Strange New Worlds at some point and carry on with Dawson's Creek!