TV & Film The TV Room

Cute, simple show on nutrition.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I decided to give "Station Eleven" another try. The episode did a flashback again which help understand the story. I wish I remembered the book! I must not have been that impressed as I remember almost nothing about it.

Reactions: Emma JC
I recently signed up for Apple TV+ (got a 3 month free voucher with an IOS device I recently bought).

What I like is that they show in their list also the content of some of my other streaming services (Netflix&Disney+, but I think not Amazon Prime).
So I'm looking for good content there, if anybody has a suggestion, I'm really interested!

Right now, I am bingeing Ted Lasso.
Was a bit sceptical when watching the first few episodes, but now think it is really, really good.
Kept me up until 5 a.m. this morning, with my day starting at latest at 8:30 for a daily call I have :unamused:

My wife and I also have been watching the first 3 seasons of "The Rookie". Yes, it's Copaganda at its worst, but it's also fun.
And I have a soft spot for Nathan Fillion (not big enough to make me like "Firefly", though)

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
mostly watched Dr Greger videos last night - always good to have a reminder about the health side of veganism / plant-based eating - such great info

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

We finished Rabbit Hole last night. It got a lot better towards the end. I wish I had binge watched it all together.

• Informative
I saw half an episode of Dawson's Creek this morning so I'm starting to watch it from the start as I've never watched it.

Ew. I don't like Dawson so far.
I have never seen one episode of Dawson Creek but there was another show, Don't Trust the B----- in Apartment 23, that had a lot of fun at the expense of Dawson Creek. James Van Der Beek is part of the cast but he plays himself.

The show stars Krysten Ritter in what I think may have been her first starring role. I believe up till then the was always a costar/side kick/ best friend (or enemy).

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
I saw half an episode of Dawson's Creek this morning so I'm starting to watch it from the start as I've never watched it.
I remember watching that series back when it was on. I don't remember much about it. There were several of those teen angst shows I watched back in the day.

I have never seen one episode of Dawson Creek but there was another show, Don't Trust the B----- in Apartment 23, that had a lot of fun at the expense of Dawson Creek. James Van Der Beek is part of the cast but he plays himself.

The show stars Krysten Ritter in what I think may have been her first starring role. I believe up till then the was always a costar/side kick/ best friend (or enemy).

Oh really. I have heard that actor is supposed to have a good sense of humour in real life.
I remember watching that series back when it was on. I don't remember much about it. There were several of those teen angst shows I watched back in the day.
I was thinking about watching more shows like that after I finish this as I only watched Gilmore Girls recently too.

I was thinking about One Tree Hill and The OC next.

Oh really. I have heard that actor is supposed to have a good sense of humour in real life.

I was thinking about watching more shows like that after I finish this as I only watched Gilmore Girls recently too.

I watched One Tree hill but I have not seen The OC or Gilmore Girls. There was 90210 and Melrose Place that I watched and there was one that starred Jared Leto and a woman that got pretty famous but I can't remember her name or the name of the series.

there was one that starred Jared Leto and a woman that got pretty famous but I can't remember her name or the name of the series.
My So-Called Life with Claire Danes. That was good, I remember watching that at the time. The guy who played her best friend in that is the Doctor in Star Trek Discovery.:)

Reactions: Chryssie

I don't know, I'm not that knowledgeable about those shows but I don't think GG belongs in the same category.
I usually avoid teen centric dramadies, but the one that I really liked was Veronica Mars. Which was mostly a noire detective mystery. Kristen Ritter was in that too.
also the IMDB score is inflated due to a crazy fan base but has an IMDB score of 8.4 GG has a score of 8.2. GG also has a lot of fan support. Meanwhile those other shows are in the sixes

I meant 90s/00s shows I missed the first time around.

I watched the first series of DCreek and I teared up a bit at the last episode. I realised I can only watch that first one for free so I had to sign up for the 7 day free trial. I'm never going to be able to get through the whole 6 seasons in 7 days so I might have to pay for a month as it has hooked me in now.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
In the 90s I didn't have a VCR. Thursday nights was reserved for TV watching. Seinfeld, Friends, Hill St Blues.

in the 2000s I had a VCR, but Lost and Veronica Mars were on at the same time and my VCR could only. recored one show at time. So I watched Lost. Years later I got Veronica Mars DVDs out of the library and really liked it. After Lost wrapped up I decided it was a waste of time.

Check out this list

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven