TV & Film The TV Room

I just watched "Path of the Panther" which is a National Geographic documentary about the Florida panther. It was really informative and I recommend it! The Florida panther is highly endangered.

we've been watching Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story the last couple of nights and really are enjoying it - it is a bit confusing at first as it took us a while to realize what was happening - nice to see some familiar characters... we have two episodes of 6 left

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm almost at the end of Gilmore Girls. I'm on the Summer episode now. Only one left.

I was so sad when it ended.

Finished Queen Charlotte and loved it.

Started watching Citadel on Prime and we are finding it interesting - it comes up weekly so we are up to date for now.

Emma JC

Reactions: HappyRoxy and Raven
I will be curious to know what you think about the ending.
I just watched it now. I expected that issue to come up, but in the original series. I don't want to say too much on here if people haven't seen it! Aw, I will miss the whole show. I would like them to do a follow up season, actually.:)
Started watching Citadel on Prime and we are finding it interesting - it comes up weekly so we are up to date for now.
My brother mentioned that show the other day.

I just finished Season 2 of Sweet Tooth on Netflix.
It was pretty good although there was something off with the last two episodes.
they are green lit for season 3 - but maybe they didn't know that until they were filming the end of season 2 and had to make some quick course corrections. Also they may have been filming during the pandemic and maybe that caused some cuts or something.

If you haven't yet watched season 1 then maybe wait till season 3 comes out. I didn't enjoy S2 as much as I should have or could have cause I couldn't remember everything that happened in S1 - which I watched like 2 years ago.

But over all I liked the TV show. It even has a bit of a hidden animal rights message in it.

I did again and stayed up all night for yellowjackets. Wow. So many questions answered, so many twists. I think there's only two more episodes left this season. It's crazy good.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
We literally never get to watch anything 'proper' but we do love to watch Gogglebox and we do put on an episode of Arrested Development every now and again. We love that show and must've watched it at least 3 times all the way through. 😁

I'm about to watch Missing - Dead or Alive on Netflix. A documentary.
I couldn't get into that at all.

I started to watch The Diplomat again and stopped during the second episode. I don't understand why that got such good reviews. I did read after that it picks up after episode 3, but I don't know if I can be bothered with it. I ended up watching The Simpsons after that.

I finished a Netflix series, Keep Breathing, last night. Six episodes

it is a survival story. Think Castaway but in Alaska. And just for a few days.

Actually if you are of a certain age - or your kids are - you may have read Hatchet. (In California just about all 6th graders read it). It's just like Hatchet but with a 30-year old woman instead of a 12-year old boy. There were a lot of things to like about it. The main actress was very good. There are a lot of flashbacks so the main character doesn't have to do all the work. But most of it. And there is a lot of drama and suspense.

The scenery is nice. and there are a number of mysteries that are presented over the course of the show. The solutions are revealed at a good pace. I don't know, it may have been intentional, some writers do do that. I felt I was always a few minutes ahead of the reveals.

However in the end I give it a 6.5 out of 10. The main issue I have with it it that is suffers from what I call Netflix bloat. Which is not uncommon with Netflix. This show is something like 300 minutes. but it could have been told in less than 200 minutes. There were times I wanted to just skip to the end to see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I have cancelled Sling so I can now get Netflix. I was only watching a few shows on Fox and I can watch them the following day on Hulu so I can deal with not watching them in "real" time.
I am not going to continue watching "Station Eleven". It just isn't grabbing me at all. I don't remember the book enough to even follow this disjointed show!

I have cancelled Sling so I can now get Netflix. I was only watching a few shows on Fox and I can watch them the following day on Hulu so I can deal with not watching them in "real" time.
Good plan. oh. you know if you have a friend or relative who lives in your vicinity, you can share/split a Netflix account. There are 4 of us who share one account. We also share a YouTube TV account.
I am not going to continue watching "Station Eleven". It just isn't grabbing me at all. I don't remember the book enough to even follow this disjointed show!
My sister likes Station Eleven. I've never seen an episode. My List is so long now. I will probably start something new but I really should watch one of the 10 shows I've already started.

Reactions: Emma JC
I finished a Netflix series, Keep Breathing, last night. Six episodes

it is a survival story. Think Castaway but in Alaska. And just for a few days.

Actually if you are of a certain age - or your kids are - you may have read Hatchet. (In California just about all 6th graders read it). It's just like Hatchet but with a 30-year old woman instead of a 12-year old boy. There were a lot of things to like about it. The main actress was very good. There are a lot of flashbacks so the main character doesn't have to do all the work. But most of it. And there is a lot of drama and suspense.

The scenery is nice. and there are a number of mysteries that are presented over the course of the show. The solutions are revealed at a good pace. I don't know, it may have been intentional, some writers do do that. I felt I was always a few minutes ahead of the reveals.

However in the end I give it a 6.5 out of 10. The main issue I have with it it that is suffers from what I call Netflix bloat. Which is not uncommon with Netflix. This show is something like 300 minutes. but it could have been told in less than 200 minutes. There were times I wanted to just skip to the end to see what happens.

we watched this last night and wanted to quit around the 4th episode and yet wished to know what happened so we hung in there - agree completely that "bloat" is a factor here....... very tedious at points

Emma JC

• Agree
Reactions: Lou