TV & Film The TV Room

I started watching "Secrets of the Elephants" from National Geographic. I have watched 2 episodes and I am blown away! It is just fantastic! I don't know how they got this footage of these amazing beings! The videographers must have some very advanced zooming capabilities!

Reactions: Emma JC
We started season 2 of sweet tooth last night. It's so cute and sad at the same time.
No new episodes of yellowjackets this week. Next week is going to be a big crazy one.

I started watching "Rings of Power". I had totally forgotten about this series! I have watched 5 episodes so far and I love it! The cinematography and special effects are awesome. The Orcs are just as scary as ever!

watched episode 1 of season 2 of Sweet Tooth - it is challenging because we really don't remember season 1 and don't feel like going back to watch it again

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
watched episode 1 of season 2 of Sweet Tooth - it is challenging because we really don't remember season 1 and don't feel like going back to watch it again

Emma JC
Netflix has a S1 summary video. but it doesn't help that much.
So I looked around and found this. Pretty much all you need and just 3 minutes.

We are watching Masterchef UK 2023 and Season two of Carnival Row. If Dickens had written a fairy tale, it would have been this!

• Informative
We watched the first episode of The Diplomat to see what it was like. I was saying that it seemed quite slow, but I have noticed with Netflix shows that they are often slow, but then something dramatic happens at the very end, and it did!

• Agree
We watched the first episode of The Diplomat to see what it was like. I was saying that it seemed quite slow, but I have noticed with Netflix shows that they are often slow, but then something dramatic happens at the very end, and it did!
I'm thinking of watching that - but I have a lot of other stuff on my list.

As far as it starting slow - I wouldn't say that is something Netflix series are know for. The thing that Netflix series commonly do wrong is what I've started calling Netflix Inflation. That is when the series could have been done in 5 episodes -but they make it last 8.

No show should start slow. I won't go as far as saying it's bad writing or directing but there are so many techniques - even cheap tricks to avoid slow starts. Simply changing the timeline is an easy fix. The cheapest trick is when it starts with some action or drama and then you get a caption, "24 hours earlier", or "Seven years later". Sometimes they even make it work better by including some detail, clue, or character that is important to the main story.

I will probably watch another episode at least as it was the number 1 show on Netflix so maybe it will get better. It just didn't grab me.

I'm back on Gilmore Girls. Season 5, episode 17.

I liked it, slow to start. I LOVE Toni Colette though.

I just started The Power with Toni Colette. Not sure yet, but I will watch to see.

we've started watching The Power too and we are enjoying it - it gets a powerful (ha punny) message across and I am interested to see where they will take it...

Emma JC

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I stayed up till midnight for the episode 6 of yj. All I can say is wow. Sophie Nelisse, young Shauna was amazing and worth an Emmy for her acting. It just about made me cry, so sad.

• Friendly
I stayed up till midnight for the episode 6 of yj. All I can say is wow. Sophie Nelisse, young Shauna was amazing and worth an Emmy for her acting. It just about made me cry, so sad.
Thanks. that was on my list but now I'm going to raise up a few notches. .

Ok, what is "The Power"?

It is a series on Prime with Toni Colette - Based on the New York Times bestseller, The Power is our world, but for one twist of nature. Suddenly, women develop a mysterious new ability to electrocute at will, leading to an extraordinary global reversal of the power balance...
go girls!
Emma JC