TV & Film The TV Room

we watched this last night and wanted to quit around the 4th episode and yet wished to know what happened so we hung in there - agree completely that "bloat" is a factor here....... very tedious at points
episode 5 could have cut out entirely.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
I started the Magicians years ago and lost interest almost right away. A friend talked me into giving it a second chance. Up to episode 5 and still liking it.
Kind of like Harry Potter but with college kids.

I had been looking forward to The Idol starring The Weeknd, but I have only read terrible reviews of that show!

And Just Like That comes back next month for a second season.

• Informative
I'm going to play with the indoor antennae I bought and see if I can get off all but one plan-Hulu probably

I'm going to play with the indoor antennae I bought and see if I can get off all but one plan-Hulu probably
I like those antenna's. I can't use them. My apartment's windows are facing the wrong way. Plus I thing you still need a sling account.

I have had antenna that is mounted in my bedroom window for several years. I can get several channels over the air for free but sometimes it gets "flaky" and I am not sure why. Then I have to watch my shows the next day on Hulu or Peacock. And Fox used to be supported "over the air" but is no longer pulled in with my antenna. That is why I had Sling but I can watch my Fox shows the next day on Hulu so I cancelled Sling. A lot depends on the direction like Lou said and I think trees and tall buildings interfere with the over-the-air signals as well.

Reactions: Lou
we started watching FUBAR last night - not impressed...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Lol. We just watched the first one. I didn't think it was great either.

We watched the first episode of Yellowjackets. I liked that a lot. The soundtrack is good too.

I finished Season one of the magicians. Started season 2 but fell asleep.
There was no closure at the end of season one, Season 2 just starts a few minutes after season one ends.

• Informative
Paramount + was .99 cents for 3 months through Roku, I got it just for Yellowjackets--then discovered that's on Showtime :hmm:. The ad made it look like Paramount

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Paramount + was .99 cents for 3 months through Roku, I got it just for Yellowjackets--then discovered that's on Showtime :hmm:. The ad made it look like Paramount
I just found this: "Right now, Paramount+ is offering new subscribers a major deal on the Paramount+ with Showtime bundle: three months for just $6 per month — that’s 50% savings." This was in a Yahoo article.

Reactions: Lou
Lol. We just watched the first one. I didn't think it was great either.

We watched the first episode of Yellowjackets. I liked that a lot. The soundtrack is good too.

YJ soundtrack is bomb. (coming from a born 1980 and grew up in the 90s)

Reactions: Raven
I started watching another show, six feet under because one of the actresses is on yj. I am addicted. The cast is fab.
I also started Lost for some reason.
I got showtime on the amazon prime for way too much money, it is canceled at the end of the month.

• Friendly

I stayed up all night for nothing.
Co-creator of Yellowjackets, Ashley Lyle, took to Twitter to reveal the bonus episode of season two was coming. Lyle did not want fans staying up all night waiting for the release of a secret episode that wouldn’t air. But it turns out episode 10 of Yellowjackets season two simply wouldn’t be airing right now. Lyle noted, “There will be a bonus episode between seasons, but I love you guys and I don’t want y’all to lose sleep thinking it’s tonight.” And when asked for more details, Lyle added the secret season two episode was coming, “Closer to S3. I’m not being coy, there’s a strike and things are complicated!”

• Wow