TV & Film The TV Room

We are watching The Bain Family Murders as we just got the all4 app or more4. It was a notorious murder of a family in New Zealand.
We stopped watching that so we watched the Ron Jeremy documentary about his violence and sex crimes. I thought he was repulsive beforehand!

I put on the new The League of their own TV show, let's see how this is.
Later I'm going to watch the new She-Hulk show the first episode. Kind of excited about it. The main actress is amazing. She was an orphan Black years ago.

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I put on the new The League of their own TV show, let's see how this is.
Later I'm going to watch the new She-Hulk show the first episode. Kind of excited about it. The main actress is amazing. She was an orphan Black years ago.
Initially I wasn't interested in She-Hulk but I am a huge fan of Tataina. Looking forward to seeing her on the small screen. Also I've been reading reviews of She Hulk and I'm totally sold on the premise.

we have been watched The Orville - if you liked Star Trek then you will very much enjoy it - written/produced and starred in by Seth MacFarlane - they bring in lots of cool actors for different episodes and many of them from Star Trek over the years - Norm MacDonald (died this past September) is in the first two seasons and it was so good to hear him and see him (just once)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we have been watched The Orville - if you liked Star Trek then you will very much enjoy it - written/produced and starred in by Seth MacFarlane - they bring in lots of cool actors for different episodes and many of them from Star Trek over the years - Norm MacDonald (died this past September) is in the first two seasons and it was so good to hear him and see him (just once)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I haven't seen but a few minutes of the first episode.
A parody of Star Trek?
Blasphamy!

Whoops, She-Hulk is tomorrow.

It dropped at Midnight here on the West Coast. I watched it while having lunch. I thought it was Delightful.

I think I've avoided any spoilers in my little review.

The site I watched it at allows for comments. Some show maybe just get 3 comments. This show hasn't been up for 12 hours and has gotten 156. A lot of the comments are negative. And a lot of the commentators are just arguing with each other and calling each other names. I just skimmed them - to get the gist - and it seems that some people are like me and just think the show is fun. But a significant percentage think the show is "woke".

I see something similar happening at Rotten Tomatoes, too. I went to some of the sites I like that review comic book tv shows and I'm finding that they are totally on board with me. The show is just fun. Yes, it has a theme of women empowerment - but what is wrong with that?

BTW, I noticed during the credits that a lot of the writers, directors, etc are women. More on the credits in a minute.

This first episode is probably going to be very different from the others. Only time will tell. At least half of the episode is what we geeks like to call "origin story". The Hulk/Bruce Banner/Mark Ruffalo had a significant role and screen time. The quality and the quantity of the CGI was very high. I don't expect to see Ruffalo much going further and I also expect a lot less CGI too.

Tatiana Maslany was Marvelous. A couple of times I took a second and looked at her acting critically. Trying to spot one of the Orphan Black clones peeking thru. But nope I only perceived this new character - Jennifer Walters. Probably shouldn't be surprised, Tatiana is a terrific actress. Remember this is the actor whose character sat next to another character in a bar or a car or the bottom of the shower and made you forget that both characters were being played by the same actress.

This is probably an even easier role than Orphan Black. There are still the technical aspects necessary - that Tat is more than familiar with. but although she looks different when she is the She-Hulk, she is still Jennifer Warren.

I'm a huge fan of dialog and character development. Both kinds of character development. And the writers were A+ in both (or all three) areas.

I also loved that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. Occasionally Jenifer would break the fourth wall. Also there is some stuff that was obviously and unapologetically added for the MCU fan boys (or girls). There is one scene there Jenifer and Bruce are talking about Captain America which is ROTFL funny.

There is an underlying feminist/women empowerment message that is far from subtle. Maybe that is what has all the "critics's" panties in a bunch. But I thought Jennifer's comments about women's anger issues were absolutely spot on.

Oh, and back to the credits. Very well done - and in step with the tone of the show. Watch them to the end. there is an after credits scene that you Just have to see.

It dropped at Midnight here on the West Coast. I watched it while having lunch. I thought it was Delightful.

I think I've avoided any spoilers in my little review.

The site I watched it at allows for comments. Some show maybe just get 3 comments. This show hasn't been up for 12 hours and has gotten 156. A lot of the comments are negative. And a lot of the commentators are just arguing with each other and calling each other names. I just skimmed them - to get the gist - and it seems that some people are like me and just think the show is fun. But a significant percentage think the show is "woke".

I see something similar happening at Rotten Tomatoes, too. I went to some of the sites I like that review comic book tv shows and I'm finding that they are totally on board with me. The show is just fun. Yes, it has a theme of women empowerment - but what is wrong with that?

BTW, I noticed during the credits that a lot of the writers, directors, etc are women. More on the credits in a minute.

This first episode is probably going to be very different from the others. Only time will tell. At least half of the episode is what we geeks like to call "origin story". The Hulk/Bruce Banner/Mark Ruffalo had a significant role and screen time. The quality and the quantity of the CGI was very high. I don't expect to see Ruffalo much going further and I also expect a lot less CGI too.

Tatiana Maslany was Marvelous. A couple of times I took a second and looked at her acting critically. Trying to spot one of the Orphan Black clones peeking thru. But nope I only perceived this new character - Jennifer Walters. Probably shouldn't be surprised, Tatiana is a terrific actress. Remember this is the actor whose character sat next to another character in a bar or a car or the bottom of the shower and made you forget that both characters were being played by the same actress.

This is probably an even easier role than Orphan Black. There are still the technical aspects necessary - that Tat is more than familiar with. but although she looks different when she is the She-Hulk, she is still Jennifer Warren.

I'm a huge fan of dialog and character development. Both kinds of character development. And the writers were A+ in both (or all three) areas.

I also loved that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. Occasionally Jenifer would break the fourth wall. Also there is some stuff that was obviously and unapologetically added for the MCU fan boys (or girls). There is one scene there Jenifer and Bruce are talking about Captain America which is ROTFL funny.

There is an underlying feminist/women empowerment message that is far from subtle. Maybe that is what has all the "critics's" panties in a bunch. But I thought Jennifer's comments about women's anger issues were absolutely spot on.

Oh, and back to the credits. Very well done - and in step with the tone of the show. Watch them to the end. there is an after credits scene that you Just have to see.
I didn't realize Tatiana Maslany was in this show. I loved Orphan Black and think she is amazing! Is it Netflix? I don't have Netflix. :(

I didn't realize Tatiana Maslany was in this show. I loved Orphan Black and think she is amazing! Is it Netflix? I don't have Netflix. :(
I am not sure if I would have watched it but for Tatiana. Bout time she got another show. Although I may go back and check her out on Perry Mason, now.

No its Disney +. I got to watch it at a site called FMovies. (but don't tell anyone)

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
OMG! just discovered there is an audio book/podcast

Orphan Black: The Next Chapter

Season two just started.
I guess I have a new thing to listen to.

This new series takes place nearly a decade after the original series. The clones have moved forward with their lives while still keeping the secret of their existence hidden from the rest of the world. Most of the sestras are right where we’d expect them.​

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I agree on She-Hulk. Tatiana was absolutely phenomenal. I loved her character in general. The fourth wall breaking thing and the comedy was very enjoyable. It was an awesome early birthday present for myself.
The new game of thrones comes out on my birthday. I'm going to be watching it, but I was not super into game of thrones like my spouse. I do think I'm going to like Matt Smith because I love his acting, especially when he was the doctor.

I'm watching Cruel Summer on Prime. I started watching it ages ago but started again. I like it and it has a good 90s soundtrack.:)

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC