TV & Film The TV Room

we finished watching the second last episode of Season 3 The Orville, tonight will be the final and we are hoping for a Season 4

It is an amazing show for anyone who loves Star Trek - they address social issues (it is not comedy although there are funny bits for sure) - it is thought provoking and interesting and very entertaining. It gets better and better through the seasons. Cudo to Seth McFarlane!

edit: when I refer to Star Trek I am referring to the original series...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Another vote here for "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" on Netflix.

My wife and I have watched the whole series (complete since this week) now and found it very, very good.

Now my Netflix suggestions list is full of Korean series :p

Reactions: Emma JC
Another vote here for "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" on Netflix.

My wife and I have watched the whole series (complete since this week) now and found it very, very good.

Now my Netflix suggestions list is full of Korean series :p

thanks for the reminder, we need to watch more of them

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

BTW - maybe don't get started on Korean series on Netflix, you will go down a rabbit hole :)
We have friends who suggested we try out some more, a great way to a lifetime of nightly binge-watching.

Some of them include:
"Business Proposal" - very popular romantic comedy, fun to watch (my wife and I are following that one right now)
Amazing how 2 prospective couples, who each meet other in the first episode, take 11 more episodes to finally get together.
Of course, the girls and the boys are best friends to each other, but separately meet by accident in episode one and fall for each other.
Also, in each of the two couples, one of the partners comes from humble beginnings, the other is a millionaire, so they can show off a bit of that "Crazy Rich Asians" vibe with lots of bling, cool but non-vegan food, and a different snow-white business suit or coat in every other scene.

"Hot Stove league" - Baseball-themed series with "Attorney Woo" actress Park Eu Bin. Might be for you if you love baseball.

"The King's affection" - Park Eu Bin again, this time playing two roles (identical twins, prince and princess) at the time of "Joseon dynasty".
They have really cool HATS. Seems that during that time, every man would wear a certain type of hat showing his social status.

"Kingdom" - supposed to be the Korean answer to "Game of Thrones", but it's ... ZOMBIES, of course.
Also with the cool hats. Interesting difference, Korean zombies are athletes and will run after you full speed. No safety here, but only at night, they stay dead during daytime.

"Vincenzo" - series about a Korean orphan, who got adopted in Italy by the head of a mafia family, became the "Consigliere" (head lawyer of a mafia family), and returns to Korea to escape his vengeful stepbrother after his fathers death. Initially wanting to just get a hoard of gold hidden in a dilapidated shopping mall, he ends up fighting for the residents of said shopping mall against the evil developers wanting to tear it down, using his combination of dashing good looks, Italian designer suits, legal wits and mafia-honed fighting skills.
C'mon, Korean lawyering (complete with corrupt district attorneys and judges), action and mafia ties, what's not to love?

"Korean Money Heist" - WHY would anybody take the Spanish series "Money Heist" and stage it again, identically, in Korea??? Why?
I guess Korean viewers don't like subtitled shows any better than American audiences...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
BTW - maybe don't get started on Korean series on Netflix, you will go down a rabbit hole :)
We have friends who suggested we try out some more, a great way to a lifetime of nightly binge-watching.

Some of them include:
"Business Proposal" - very popular romantic comedy, fun to watch (my wife and I are following that one right now)
Amazing how 2 prospective couples, who each meet other in the first episode, take 11 more episodes to finally get together.
Of course, the girls and the boys are best friends to each other, but separately meet by accident in episode one and fall for each other.
Also, in each of the two couples, one of the partners comes from humble beginnings, the other is a millionaire, so they can show off a bit of that "Crazy Rich Asians" vibe with lots of bling, cool but non-vegan food, and a different snow-white business suit or coat in every other scene.

"Hot Stove league" - Baseball-themed series with "Attorney Woo" actress Park Eu Bin. Might be for you if you love baseball.

"The King's affection" - Park Eu Bin again, this time playing two roles (identical twins, prince and princess) at the time of "Joseon dynasty".
They have really cool HATS. Seems that during that time, every man would wear a certain type of hat showing his social status.

"Kingdom" - supposed to be the Korean answer to "Game of Thrones", but it's ... ZOMBIES, of course.
Also with the cool hats. Interesting difference, Korean zombies are athletes and will run after you full speed. No safety here, but only at night, they stay dead during daytime.

"Vincenzo" - series about a Korean orphan, who got adopted in Italy by the head of a mafia family, became the "Consigliere" (head lawyer of a mafia family), and returns to Korea to escape his vengeful stepbrother after his fathers death. Initially wanting to just get a hoard of gold hidden in a dilapidated shopping mall, he ends up fighting for the residents of said shopping mall against the evil developers wanting to tear it down, using his combination of dashing good looks, Italian designer suits, legal wits and mafia-honed fighting skills.
C'mon, Korean lawyering (complete with corrupt district attorneys and judges), action and mafia ties, what's not to love?

"Korean Money Heist" - WHY would anybody take the Spanish series "Money Heist" and stage it again, identically, in Korea??? Why?
I guess Korean viewers don't like subtitled shows any better than American audiences...
I don't have Netflix, but I would likely love Hot Stove League. I'm a big baseball fan. :)

We have just finished watching Gormenghast which is based on Titus Groan, the first book of a trilogy by Mervyn Peake. I really enjoyed it and it portrayed the "oddness" of the books very well but I was disappointed that they portrayed Fuchsia's death as a suicide when it was an accident in the book. It seemed too important an event to get so wrong. I think Neil Gaiman is planning a new Gormenghast series or movie which should be good. He writes with a similar odd style that would fit very well.

• Informative
I finished Star Trek Picard and the new season isn't until February. I liked it better than Discovery because of all the familiar faces! It looks like Discovery's new season will be early 2023 as well. Now I will start watching another Star Trek series.

We have only watched the first episode of Strange New Worlds so far but I like it as it is quite funny and lighthearted!

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
We are going to finish Strange New Worlds this weekend.

I read today that the new Jack Ryan comes out in December.