TV & Film The TV Room

last night we started watching Wednesday the series - I feel a bit like I do about Dead to Me - although not quite so much - it is entertaining for anyone who was a Munster's fan

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
last night we started watching Wednesday the series - I feel a bit like I do about Dead to Me - although not quite so much - it is entertaining for anyone who was a Munster's fan

Emma JC
Wednesday was from the Addams Family.
The Munsters had Eddie and Marilyn as the kids
I'd check it out if I had Netflix!

Reactions: Lou
watched more Dead to Me last night and I am really fed up with it although it does make me laugh - it is so unrealistic and everything that can go wrong does go wrong and there isn't a lot of joy - I would abandon it but my honey is enjoying it so.... (I just read a bit and that keeps me happier)

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I'm watching the World Cup. USA vs Netherlands. I think Weston McKennie looks a lot like The Weeknd.🤔

I liked both "The Munsters" and "The Addams Family". I think "Addams" was first, though. But we didn't subscribe to the magazine it was in, so the TV version was my first exposure to it.

started watched Three Pines last night on Prime - it is a series from the Canadian author Louise Penny books - it takes place in Quebec and as I have read every one of her books it is so interesting to see the characters being portrayed - only 2 episodes out so far

Emma JC

Reactions: Chryssie
started watched Three Pines last night on Prime - it is a series from the Canadian author Louise Penny books - it takes place in Quebec and as I have read every one of her books it is so interesting to see the characters being portrayed - only 2 episodes out so far

Emma JC
Good to know! I am reading the series slowly but surely and really enjoy them. Another show to add to my list!

Reactions: Emma JC
Last night I finished watching "Widow" or maybe it's The Widow on Amazon Prime. I was hoping it would be a bit more upbeat than it was, but all in all, an interesting little TV series that kept me going.

• Informative
I'm watching the World Cup. USA vs Netherlands. I think Weston McKennie looks a lot like The Weeknd.🤔
I missed the match, as I was at my sister's, but I figured they would lose. The U.S. men's team never does much in the World Cup. I don't even think they qualified for the previous one. :D

I missed the match, as I was at my sister's, but I figured they would lose. The U.S. men's team never does much in the World Cup. I don't even think they qualified for the previous one. :D
Maybe they will do better in 2026 as you guys are hosting it next time. I only heard that yesterday. :)I think this World Cup has been the best one I have ever seen. The matches have mostly all been very exciting.

England are playing Senegal today.

still watching Dead to Me, now in Season 3 - Christina Applegate looked so different in the first episode of season 3 that I googled her to find out why and found that she was diagnosed with MS during the filming of it - so so sorry to read that especially as it hit her pretty hard to the point the crew were holding her upright during filming - still a chore for me to watch but my honey wishes to see it through so I will do so, knowing this is also the final season

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and PTree15
Maybe they will do better in 2026 as you guys are hosting it next time. I only heard that yesterday. :)I think this World Cup has been the best one I have ever seen. The matches have mostly all been very exciting.

England are playing Senegal today.
Hah, I didn't even know that! I'm going to have make sure I get to a match. That would be fun, I think. I've never been to one. I hope the men do better in 2026. Soccer/football has made inroads in the U.S., but it's been slow going, especially for the men's team. American football is still king here. I am amazed at the popularity of soccer/football worldwide. On TV, they showed Bueno Aires erupting in joy when Argentina won. There were tons of people!

Agree on the exciting matches. I've enjoyed the ones I've been able to watch. I so hope England beats France tomorrow!

• Love
Reactions: Raven
I watched a Netflix mini-series (4 episodes) called The UNA-bomber: In his own words. This was obviously a documentary that - true to its title - did include audio recordings from interviews with Ted Kaczynski himself. But there were also interviews with his brother David and David's wife, survivors, investigators, friends, neighbours and others with insights.

Highly recommended.

• Informative
I just watched the first episode of a new Hulu show called Kindred. Pretty wild! Based on a book.

Dead to Me on Netflix.

can't wait to hear what you think

we watched the last episode of Survivor 43 yesterday - the thing I like most about Survivor is the growth of the individuals that takes place in their lives from facing such adversity / survival and how they deal with it all

Emma JC

I watched a Netflix mini-series (4 episodes) called The UNA-bomber: In his own words. This was obviously a documentary that - true to its title - did include audio recordings from interviews with Ted Kaczynski himself. But there were also interviews with his brother David and David's wife, survivors, investigators, friends, neighbours and others with insights.

Highly recommended.
We might watch that.

The new Jack Ryan is coming out soon!

• Love