TV & Film The TV Room

So I will put Inside Man on my list. Last night I started Lockwood and Co. Netflix has been promoting it a lot. I don't like scary movies but for some reason I didn't find this too scary. Maybe I'm getting more used to scary movies or maybe ... I don't know... maybe cause the books were for children. Anyway. I liked it. Just watched one episode so far.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
Last night I started Lockwood and Co. Netflix has been promoting it a lot. I don't like scary movies but for some reason I didn't find this too scary. Maybe I'm getting more used to scary movies or maybe ... I don't know... maybe cause the books were for children. Anyway. I liked it. Just watched one episode so far.

Thanks for the recommendation - we started watching this last night and are about 4 episodes in - it is fun, not terribly scary, and interesting.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
Reactions: Lou and Raven
Thanks for the recommendation - we started watching this last night and are about 4 episodes in - it is fun, not terribly scary, and interesting.

Emma JC
I think the adavanage of having kids or teenagers as the main characters in a scary movie is that, well they are kids, we know that they are going to do stupid stuff. And if no one does any stupid stuff nothing scary happens. ex: going into the basement by yourself.

Reactions: Emma JC
I just watched the third episode of The Last of Us. It was quite long, but very good. I read it has been renewed for the second series.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
For those of you on Netflix, and in need of a fun show.
Try Teenage Bounty Hunters.
Yeah the title is a bit off-putting but it a very clever show.

Will give it a try.

I just started a series called „The Indian Detective“ about a Canadian police constable of Indian heritage, who gets suspended for a month and visits his father in Mumbai, there getting caught up with trying to solve criminal cases.

• Informative
we started watching the 6th season of Outlander last night - first two episodes - I am a fan of the earlier series/books and not so much of the later ones - will watch it anyways - not fond of the Claire 'ether' thread in this season as it wasn't in the books and although it may make her character interesting I don't really like it

Emma JC

I started Poker Face. Finished the first episode. Not sure I can recommend it. I'll let you know in a bit. The first episode seemed to be longer than it needed to be. Maybe it's because it was the first episode and they needed to set things up for later, or maybe like many of these serialized streaming stories they are trying to get the viewers hooked in for longer.

• Informative
I'm still on the fence about Poker Face. Episode 3 has veganism as an element to the plot so I felt good about that. The show is more of a procedural than a mystery. The audience knows WhoDunIt, seeing how the heroine solves the crime and brings the perpetrators to justice is the interesting part. Sort of like Law and order.

For those of you who are CB Strike fans, Season 5 just dropped on HBO in the US. Its been on the BBC for a month. Strangely HBO is not promoting it at all. Could be some fall out from the Rowling controversy.

For those of you who don't know, CB Strike is the detective in a noire mystery novel. The latest book and show is titled Troubled Blood. JK Rowling wrote them under a psueudonym. They were tremendously successful and I loved them. They were then turned into a TV show on BBC and then picked up by HBO in the US. In a rare occurrence for me - I considered the adaption just about perfect, especially the casting. The NYT said, "It is an exemplary British mystery, which is a high distinction."

• Informative
Finished Poker Face just now. I think I liked each episode better than the last. The plots were very creative and clever. Good music. Good guest stars too.

• Informative
The 5th episode of The Last of Us was really good! It came out early because of the Super Bowl, I think I read.

I hurried a bit to get thru Poker Face because I wanted to get to Strike.

I am sort of saving The Last of Us till most of the episodes are available. Who ever came up with this one episode a week process? Oh wait. :fp:

we skipped Outlander last night and started watching The Bletchley Circle - watched the first season on Prime (3 episodes) and there is a second season there too (4 episodes) and on Netflix there is The Bletchley Circle and this one seems to have 8 episodes - very much enjoyed season 1 as it brings out the Nancy Drew in me

Emma JC