The Thanksgiving Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving last year, as I was too heartbroken to be around people. My brother wants to do a celebration feast this year, and was asking me for my mushroom pot pie recipe. I used to do a whole vegetarian spread, which I modified to be vegan over the years. I haven't cooked that menu in a long time now, probably since 2011. I am still deciding if I am up for it. Here is what I used to make:

Wild mushroom pot pie
Apple Pecan stuffing
Roasted butternut squash (sometimes acorn squash, filled with the stuffing)
Garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy
Ginger glazed carrots
Edamame and pearl onions
Homemade cranberry sauce with orange
Roasted Brussels sprouts

Usually there would be some manner of pumpkin dessert, maybe some apple cider, and if I was in the mood, a Tofurky turkey roast.

That's an awesome menu, GingerFoxx! :hug:

RG.png

Is this ok, or should I have not got it?

TBH, My mom bought it because I took us out to lunch that day. No price was up yet.

RG.png

Is this ok, or should I have not got it?
I think it's OK. I looked this up on the Tofurky site and clicked on the picture of the box and got this list of ingredients. Looks vegan, as far as I can tell:

Ingredients:Water, vital wheat gluten, organic tofu (water, organic soybeans, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride), shoyu soy sauce (water, non-GMO soybeans, wheat, salt, culture), expeller pressed non-GMO canola oil, natural vegan flavors, non-GMO corn starch, garbanzo bean flour, white bean flour, lemon juice from concentrate, onion, carrot, celery, vegan sugar, calcium lactate (from beets), sea salt.

Contains: Soy and Wheat

STUFFING:Organic brown rice, whole wheat bread cubes (enriched wheat flour, organic sugar, sea salt, yeast), onion, celery, water, organic wild rice, expeller pressed non-GMO canola oil, natural vegan flavors, garlic, salt, vegan sugar, spices..

Contains: Wheat.

GRAVY: Water, whole wheat flour, shoyu soy sauce (water soybeans, wheat, salt, culture), expeller pressed non-GMO canola oil, vegan natural flavors, rice starch, onion, carrot, celery, salt, vegan sugar, non-GMO corn starch, sunflower oil, rosemary extract, tocopherol (vitamin E), ascorbic acid (vitamin C), xanthan gum.

Contains: Soy and Wheat.

Last edited:
I meant is it tasty? Other tofurky products are awesome. I was looking for gardein holiday roast, but no place came up local in the search while I was at the store.

I like the Tofurky roast better than the Gardein one.

Oh, and I will be spending Thanksgiving with my mom, dad, sister and two nephews. :)
Here's what I will be having:
Chickpea cutlets with vegan brown gravy
Garlic mashed potatoes
Green beans with slivered almonds
Turnips seasoned with EB and a little nutmeg
Homemade cranberry sauce
Sweet potato casserole
Peas
Carrots

Desserts I plan to make:
Cranberry bread
Apple pie
And maybe fudge

I meant is it tasty? Other tofurky products are awesome. I was looking for gardein holiday roast, but no place came up local in the search while I was at the store.
Oh, hehe, sorry about that.

I liked the Gardein holiday roast. I made one last week to try and shared it with co workers. They liked it too! I was excited.

Reactions: Freesia and PTree15
I would like to try that roast at some point. I always make my chickpea cutlets for holiday dinners because I really love them, but it would be nice to try something different. :D How big is it? My fear is that no one will eat it with me. :D

It's a decent size...enough for 4-6 people maybe? Depending on the size of your appetite, lol. Not sure what the box stated as serving size.

Here's my T'day menu:
Smoked, warmed gouda (vegan) with cranberry relish on crackers for appetizer
Bourbon/sparkling apple cider cocktails

Stuffing with vegan sausage, leeks, apples and cranberries
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes with maple glaze and Dandies
Sauerkraut with apple cider and caraway
Green bean casserole
Roasted Jerusalem artichokes
Roasted beets
Cranberry relish
Vegan gravy
Vegan rolls form the HFS
Homemade vegan butter

Pumpkin cheesecake (not vegan, but brought by DIL)

Status
Not open for further replies.