Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Thanksgiving Day 2014 in the US is three weeks and three days away. How are my fellow Americans planning to celebrate?

My nephew and his wife are hosting Thanksgiving dinner at their apartment this year. I never, ever make any dish for Thanksgiving, but this year I want to bring something. I don't know what, though. Because of the various diets of our various family members, vegan is best. I could make a veggie side dish, which would be easiest. (Don't say Brussels sprouts, I hate Brussels sprouts, and that's something my sister would make.) Thinking, thinking...

Reactions: Tom L.
My favorite dish was always the sweet potatoes, especially the fried sweet potatoes. So delicious. :lick:

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
This Hearty Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe is delicious and packed with superfoods! Everyone in my family (vegan, vegetarian, and not!) was raving about it during the holidays last year. They devoured every crumb of the crispy golden top and licked up their plates clean of mushroom gravy. This easy seasonal recipe is a great addition to any Thanksgiving celebration.
Here is the link to the recipe: Hearty Vegan Shepherd's Pie

Vegan Shepard's pie.jpg

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
Thanksgiving is a great time for fabulous food and spending time with family. My sister hosts and always has veg options for me. If I am remembering correctly, I think I brought a shepherd's pie some years back. It is one of my favorite dishes and I just had one last week. I would post the link to the recipe but it was so long ago that it is no longer there.

My parents are going out of town during thanksgiving , so is my sister and her family and not sure what the other one is doing... It will be the two of us and plus i been under the weather , so i am taking this time to learn some Vegan friendly dishes this year ....

Farm Sanctuary's Feeding Of The Turkeys Celebration.

2013_11-16_fsny_cftt_img_0170_credit_farm_sanctuary.jpg
1560605_10152901504433824_4792455834511559036_n.jpg

I'm going to a local potluck the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I was thinking of some things to make, but.... I haven't tried that commercially-made "Celebration Roast" yet. If they have a microwave where the potluck will be, I might buy one, roast it at home and warm it up over there.

I haven't made vegan feijoada for a long time, though... it's unusual and tasty. Traditionally, it's a stew of black beans and meat which is popular in Brazil, but Frances Moore Lappe's "Diet For A Small Planet" has a vegan (I think- or maybe I veganized it) recipe for it.

Yum! Never heard of marionberry.

There's a sequel to that movie...An Old Fashioned Christmas.

Reactions: ledboots
Status
Not open for further replies.