Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
"Mystery dessert" ended up being pumpkin pie and maple cinnamon ice cream. The whole menu was vegan. I felt exceedingly thankful for that.

The maple cinnamon ice cream sounds lovely. How nice of your brother to come up with a vegan meal. Nobody does it for me.

GingerFoxx

No effin' whey!
Reaction score
The maple cinnamon ice cream sounds lovely. How nice of your brother to come up with a vegan meal. Nobody does it for me.
He was vegetarian for a few years in his early 20s. Nowadays he is Omni but eats a whole food diet, mostly organic. So he gets it. He has been known to cook vegan recipes at home, just because the recipe sounds good, vegan or not. Both he and my mother agreed nothing was lacking due to the absence of meat.

Freesia

not my business.
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
So what are people making? I always enjoy Thanksgiving in a voyeuristic sort of way, watching people cook meals for a holiday I do not have.

peacefulveglady

Peacefully Vegan and Proud
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
has anyone heard of the term Thanksliving ? I know someone that is Vegan that don't want to have a Vegan Thanksgiving on the actual day and they call it Thanksliving , I thought Vegan Thanksgiving was just Thanksgiving but Vegan?

Reactions: silva

Freesia

not my business.
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
That looks delicious.. especially all the roast veg... not sure which thread to post in now that there are 2 :) .

Reactions: MadamSarcastra

Freesia

not my business.
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
In the past , I think both have been used, on different occasions :) .

silva

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone heard of the term Thanksliving ? I know someone that is Vegan that don't want to have a Vegan Thanksgiving on the actual day and they call it Thanksliving , I thought Vegan Thanksgiving was just Thanksgiving but Vegan?
Yes! The vegan groups here, and the animal sanctuary have Thanksliving events! The sanctuary uses it in part as a fundraiser, and the meet-up groups have potlucks on other days, I guess in part because they know people will spend Thanksgiving day with family. I keep meaning to participate but haven't yet

Reactions: Freesia

peacefulveglady

Peacefully Vegan and Proud
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Yes! The vegan groups here, and the animal sanctuary have Thanksliving events! The sanctuary uses it in part as a fundraiser, and the meet-up groups have potlucks on other days, I guess in part because they know people will spend Thanksgiving day with family. I keep meaning to participate but haven't yet

Oh now i remembered the term ,thanks for explaining.

Tom L.

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Strict vegetarian
There's a Thanksliving get-together I could get to, but it's a ways away. My sister lives in a place that's even harder to get to for me. I'm conflicted.

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
And one more pre-bake shot for @Freesia ... she wants to see pics.... ;)

I took one more on my ancient phone so I could send it to Jer... and they're always more colorful before the cook (different lighting, too)....

FeastPre-bake2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Freesia

Freesia

not my business.
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Looks amazing, roasted cauliflower has such a great texture..:chef: :lick::drool:

Can almost smell it from here. Are those new potatoes? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.