The Thanksgiving Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of it. I have made the roast before and it was gone, everyone loved it. A bread (canned), two sides, the roast and the cheesecake. I hope this goes well and I am not over doing it.
Sounds amazing...don't worry, if you're not over doing it on Thanksgiving you're not doing it right! [emoji12]
Anyway, I think it sounds great. :)

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I am having dinner at my cousin's (snow storm permitting)so there will be non veg food. But I am making and bringing some vegan dishes...lasagna, candied sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower bake, stuffing and a corn casserole. I may try my hand at some tofu balls to throw in my sauce for the lasagna. I haven't made them before but have been craving them.

Oh and last but not least, I made a pumpkin cheesecake that came out really good. I had extra batter so I baked some in mini tart pans so I got to taste it ahead of time. I was concerned with making it too early but I usually find that the flavor improves after a day or two. I'm very pleased with the results.

I am having dinner at my cousin's (snow storm permitting)so there will be non veg food. But I am making and bringing some vegan dishes...lasagna, candied sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower bake, stuffing and a corn casserole. I may try my hand at some tofu balls to throw in my sauce for the lasagna. I haven't made them before but have been craving them.

Oh and last but not least, I made a pumpkin cheesecake that came out really good. I had extra batter so I baked some in mini tart pans so I got to taste it ahead of time. I was concerned with making it too early but I usually find that the flavor improves after a day or two. I'm very pleased with the results.

That sounds nice. Tofu balls are so easy to make.

My cousin is hosting TG dinner for 26 guests, tomorrow evening.

Omg the corn casserole is phenomenal!

Here is my pumpkin cheesecake. I should have used a deep dish pie crust as it ran over and pieces of the crust broke off. So not pretty but it tastes good! :D Also the homemade cranberry sauce.
Pumpkin cheesecake and cranberry sauce.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving! I love cooking a vegan feast!!! Chop, cook, eat with husband and kids, watch football, go for a long walk.

Had a long talk with a chef at the hospital cafeteria yesterday. He is having "a vegan" over for Thanksgiving, and asked me for a few ideas. :)

I just re-read the pic I posted...the friends besides us? Shouldn't it be friends beside us as in next to? Lol
Yeah I'm a freak like that.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating :)

We're doing our own thanksgiving in the UK this year, can't wait to make and eat all the delicious food :) We've got some vegan turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, roasted sweet potato, green beans, cranberry sauce, and lots of gravy. Then apple pie for dessert :D also, beer and nachos for watching the 49ers game afterwards.

Plus, husband is having fun making posters to decorate the flat with :D

My family is in L.A. and they're just going to Denny's, :yuck: so I'm helping at the local senior center. It sounds like they're doing their dinner differently than I'm used to. From what I was told over the phone they're packing meals and delivering them, meals on wheels style. I thought it would be an in-house sit down together and eat type thing. Oh well, I'll find out in a little bit. Either way it sounds like fun. :)

Reactions: Scorpius and KLS52
Good for you, Calliegirl...I've always wanted to do something like that and still hope to one day.

It turned out they did deliver the meals instead of having everyone come there to eat. There was a little miscommunication and some of us (myself included) were told to come 2 hours too early. :eek: So, we spent the time talking, and I got to hear some war stories (there were a few vets volunteering who also came early). A huge number of volunteers showed up, including families with kids. It was nice to see so many people willing to come out on a holiday to help. :)

Reactions: KLS52
It turned out they did deliver the meals instead of having everyone come there to eat. There was a little miscommunication and some of us (myself included) were told to come 2 hours too early. :eek: So, we spent the time talking, and I got to hear some war stories (there were a few vets volunteering who also came early). A huge number of volunteers showed up, including families with kids. It was nice to see so many people willing to come out on a holiday to help. :)

That is nice to hear and also what Thanksgiving is about ; sharing and caring.:smitten:

Reactions: KLS52
My report, the seitan would not roll out, so I cut it up and put it on top of the stuffing. Everything else turned out nice. Everyone loved the pies. The kitchen is a mess, but I am not cleaning it.

/bump Thanksgiving is in four weeks. Is there anything you did last year that you'd do differently this year, or will you be repeating past successes?

Status
Not open for further replies.