The Tea & Infusion Thread.

They are? How so?

I know green tea is healthful because it contains antioxidants, but fruity/herbal teas? :???:

I don't care much for fruity/herbal teas, either. I prefer black tea, tbh.
Because they are caffine free i think...and the benifits from the fruit and herbs. See I take my black tes with sugars and milk so not that healthy really.

I hate rooibus tea. One of the most disgusting things I've tasted.

I think it's one of those things that people either love or hate.

It's black tea they recommend I think.
BTW, cloves are supposed to relieve tooth pain. Not that I thought of that when I had it, so I can't say.
Yep. I've used both and they worked really well for toothaches.

I tried two new teas in the past couple of weeks, vanilla chai as well as apple and cinnamon. The chai tea was vile!:D I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I thought I could use it in the bath as the scent is quite pleasant.:confused:

Oh what brand?? I love vanilla chai and apple and cinnamon.

Thanks, will have a look! :) must've just missed it (there ARE hundreds of different teas.)

Twinings do a chai tea as well, which I think most super markets sell, even the little stores.

I don't know if it's nice because I don't like black tea. Probably not the place to say that :bag:.

They were just a supermarket brand. I tried some green chai tea and liked it so I thought the vanilla chai one would be even nicer but it wasn't.:D

It's always disappointing to buy a box of tea and not be impressed with it. Supermarket teas seem to be hit or miss. I wish there was a way to sample flavors and brands of teas before purchasing the whole box.

Hooray for tea! :)

I just finished off a cup of Laoshan black. Torn between having a cup of Silver Needle, or one of my flavored green teas next.

Black teas are my fave. I drink several a day. White teas are quite nice too, I have a cup or two per week. I hate rooibos, and I'm too scared to try Yerba Mate or Guayusa because of their high caffeine content. I can't drink straight green tea. They have to be flavored. Closest to a straight green tea I can drink is Jasmine Pearls, but those were infused with jasmine flowers, so not a plain tea. I also refuse to try puerh. xD

I like a couple oolongs. I also enjoy an occasional matcha.

My favorite teas are from Butiki Teas, but I also really like Verdant Teas too! :)

Hooray for tea! :)

I just finished off a cup of Laoshan black. Torn between having a cup of Silver Needle, or one of my flavored green teas next.

Black teas are my fave. I drink several a day. White teas are quite nice too, I have a cup or two per week. I hate rooibos, and I'm too scared to try Yerba Mate or Guayusa because of their high caffeine content. I can't drink straight green tea. They have to be flavored. Closest to a straight green tea I can drink is Jasmine Pearls, but those were infused with jasmine flowers, so not a plain tea. I also refuse to try puerh. xD

I like a couple oolongs. I also enjoy an occasional matcha.

My favorite teas are from Butiki Teas, but I also really like Verdant Teas too! :)

I've had a few of her teas. They are wonderful!

:wave:Hi everyone!I've never been in this thread before.But I am curious about what kind of tea I liked to try.I am in the US.So can anyone tell me what would be good?

I am thinking Earl Grey because I just recently saw this at the grocery I go to.Thoughts anyone?

:wave:Hi everyone!I've never been in this thread before.But I am curious about what kind of tea I liked to try.I am in the US.So can anyone tell me what would be good?

I am thinking Earl Grey because I just recently saw this at the grocery I go to.Thoughts anyone?

I like Earl Grey, It's a good, basic black tea. I've bought the Bigelow brand because I had coupons to use. I don't know what other brands taste like, for the Earl Grey, that is.

Reactions: Everleigh
@thefadedone

You're kidding! :D I'm so pleased to find someone on here who knows Butiki! What are your favorite teas from her? I love Premium Taiwanese Assam and Mi Xian Black the most. I love nearly everything I've tried. Cantaloupe&Cream is wonderful too, even though I'm not usually big on flavored teas.

@Everleigh

Welcome to the world of tea! :) Earl Grey is an English classic, and for good reason. You'd do well to start from there. Don't feel afraid to grab a couple small boxes from a few different brands, as they can vary quite a bit depending on the quality of the tea. If you have any specialty tea shops nearby, I recommend starting from there the most. They are much more flavorful since you get full leaves as opposed to tea ground into what is essentially dust. Plus you can re-steep good quality leaves multiple times! That said, don't be discouraged. If you want to try teabags first, by all means go right ahead. :) You can still have a great drinking experience with teabags too. Please do avoid Lipton though. You'll thank me later. ;)

I definitely suggest going with different types of black teas to start you off. They tend to be the most accessible. They're also my personal favorite. :)

I can't recall the brand of Earl Grey it was but do you think there's probably a lot of difference?I mean if they all say Earl Grey how different can they be.I don't know much about teas.:confused:

Earl Grey starts with a basic black tea for a base, with bergamot added to give it that perfumy citrusy flavor. So depending on the base tea -- and its quality -- can really affect the quality of the cup. Same with the bergamot. Some teas will have actual bergamot oil, some will have "essence of bergamot," which again can change the taste quite a bit. Others still like to add other ingredients like lavender to make for a more perfumy cup.

What's great about Earl Greys though is that they're always drinkable. You may find an Earl Grey that's significantly less appealing than others, but never drain worthy, hehe.

For teabags, my favorite Earl Grey is Earl Grey Vanilla from Tetley. As you can tell from the name, they add vanilla to it which makes it so awesome. x_o; If you have a DavidsTea nearby, I recommend trying their Cream of Earl Grey. (Which is the same idea, Earl Grey with vanilla added to make it creamy and tasty) Others will swear by Twinnings. Tazo's Earl Grey is alright too, but it has a very strong punch of lavender, which some people love and others don't appreciate.

Edit: Oh shoot, hold that thought on the Davids one. I just noticed now that 'natural flavoring' is listed in the ingredients, so I can't guarantee if it's vegan without a bit of research. Ugh, I sure hope it is, I've drank a ton of it. x_o; I'm assuming it is since it doesn't *actually* have cream in it, but yeah, I'll do some googling.

Earl Grey starts with a basic black tea for a base, with bergamot added to give it that perfumy citrusy flavor. So depending on the base tea -- and its quality -- can really affect the quality of the cup. Same with the bergamot. Some teas will have actual bergamot oil, some will have "essence of bergamot," which again can change the taste quite a bit. Others still like to add other ingredients like lavender to make for a more perfumy cup.

What's great about Earl Greys though is that they're always drinkable. You may find an Earl Grey that's significantly less appealing than others, but never drain worthy, hehe.
Sounds like I should give a few different types of Earl Grey a try.I may do that.:)

Reactions: Amy SF