The Tea & Infusion Thread.

I really like having my teatime with jasmine green tea with agave nectar and ginger, along with a bit from the vegan protein cookie I can get. I started having it in place of coffee, I want only one of those for each night and day cycle, but I seem to never have gotten past coffee and there has been one thing or another that leads me to having coffee still once in a while instead.

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
I actually don't drink the tea, or otherwise coffee when it is that, so late as when day breaks. I wake up when it is still night, and I always awake for awhile before I can sleep some more. It is so regular and I would like warming up with something then, so quite some time ago it was easier to shift my tea, which it usually is, but maybe it was coffee still just then, to that time when I first wake up, and would be colder then. And I stayed with that pattern. And it is just about always with a bit of my protein complete cookie, except for a rare treat when I am cutting up pieces from pie for having with it.

Tea time unfortunately sort of stopped for me, due to the unfortunate situation of running out of my vitamins, C and B12, and I am too short on money to load up on more of those supplements now. So I and getting fruits and veggies with significant amount of vitamin C. But I have not found enough of foods fortified with vitamin B12. The only thing I got for that was rice milk that was a little fortified with it. So I am using that in coffee, every time, and not having tea since doing this. I know some faux meat, or tempeh, or nutritional yeast, could have some, but I haven't found those with it where I shop, yet.

Tea time unfortunately sort of stopped for me, due to the unfortunate situation of running out of my vitamins, C and B12, and I am too short on money to load up on more of those supplements now. So I and getting fruits and veggies with significant amount of vitamin C. But I have not found enough of foods fortified with vitamin B12. The only thing I got for that was rice milk that was a little fortified with it. So I am using that in coffee, every time, and not having tea since doing this. I know some faux meat, or tempeh, or nutritional yeast, could have some, but I haven't found those with it where I shop, yet.
You can buy B12 for about $10, Nature Made is good. Seems like a better choice than spending on fortified foods, esp with plant milks being so pricey!

Thanks for that suggestion. I am going to go all out and get anything I can for getting vitamin B12 enough. It might have been inadequate so far. And I get certain plant milks anyway, and use some amount of them for oatmeal, or cereals like raisin bran, besides for having with coffee, or even for hot chocolate. And one cereal I found recently is fortified with it, a generic raisin bran while the more prominent brands of it are not fortified with it.

It is still a temporary situation, I will yet get the supplements. But it is good to have the fortified stuff on hand, I'm sure.

Not thinking about it much I got the timed release vitamin supplement. When I opened it, there were supplement pills at the bottom with almost the whole bottle empty. I thought it was a flaw and waited without taking any until I managed to go to that store again. I said I would exchange it, but all the timed release bottles had that same weight. So I brought it back with my new purchases to start having it. But it is deceptive packaging. They should dispense in a smaller bottle and not something bigger that it doesn't at all need, shouldn't they?

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou