The Tea & Infusion Thread.

Ok, where do you find White Christmas? I've been to several stores and no luck! But I did find this at WF at it's pretty yum diddly-do.... :D

Ginger_Twist_Tea_Pouches.a.zoom.jpg

^I found it at Big Lots and one of my local grocery store also carried it as a Holiday special buy item. Both places sold out of it. The only place I know of now is from the website. www.stashtea.com.

Oooooo, I might look for WhiteChristmas. I'm a bug fan of peppermint teas. I usually prefer pure mint (no tea leaves, just mint leaves) and green tea with mint. Yummmmm.

You can't see the pic very well because I'm drunk and it was in a club...but our cocktails were served in some tin tea pots and some cups that looked like we were in the war lol. It was amazing xxx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354958576.524181.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tea-boom-20130527,0,7222532.story

I like seeing the wider variety of teas on store shelves, though it does get overwhelming at times. This is a recent development. As with coffee, for a long time there wasn't really a big variety of teas available in the US. Much of the US tea market has long been dominated by Lipton, which is basic generic black tea. Once you've tried many of the more interesting tea varieties available from around the world, drinking Lipton tea is about as exciting as watching paint dry. :p But even Lipton has tried to jazz things up with their teas, to keep up with the tea-drinking times.

ETA: Btw, don't ever try Lipton's refrigerated teas. The first ingredient is not tea but sugar, in the form of HFCS, and it's so sweet it will give you instant diabetes. :rolleyes:

I tried two new teas in the past couple of weeks, vanilla chai as well as apple and cinnamon. The chai tea was vile!:D I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I thought I could use it in the bath as the scent is quite pleasant.:confused:

I tried two new teas in the past couple of weeks, vanilla chai as well as apple and cinnamon. The chai tea was vile!:D I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I thought I could use it in the bath as the scent is quite pleasant.:confused:
Package the tea bags up in tissue paper and ribbon and give as presents...or push on visitors...lol.

I just had a pot of looseleaf Earl Grey. Yummers.

Reactions: KLS52

If the scent is pleasant enough, consider using the tea bags as sachets and place amongst your lingerie and other clothing.

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
I think I may be allergic to tea and this makes me very unhappy. Not an allergy to the plant itself but I have a very strong mold allergy as identified by recent testing, and some teas can have a somewhat high mold content. I find that while fixing my morning tea for instance that I start sneezing almost immediately... and on days that I drink a lot of tea... the next morning I wake up all congested and with huge dark circles under my eyes. :(

Oh, and another use for tea bags is to stop bleeding, especially in the mouth. https://www.google.com/search?q=tea...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

After I had dental implant surgery, I had some bleeding that wouldn't stop. The oral surgeon recommended keeping a tea bag at the site and holding it until the bleeding stopped. I started out with a cinnamon tea bag but it burned too much, so I switched to mint tea bags because they were cooler. I went through several of them but finally got the bleeding stopped.

Oh, and another use for tea bags is to stop bleeding, especially in the mouth. https://www.google.com/search?q=tea bags to stop bleeding&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

After I had dental implant surgery, I had some bleeding that wouldn't stop. The oral surgeon recommended keeping a tea bag at the site and holding it until the bleeding stopped. I started out with a cinnamon tea bag but it burned too much, so I switched to mint tea bags because they were cooler. I went through several of them but finally got the bleeding stopped.

It's black tea they recommend I think.
BTW, cloves are supposed to relieve tooth pain. Not that I thought of that when I had it, so I can't say.

Reactions: ledboots
Got 250g of loose leaf green tea with jasmine this week, delicious! Before that I had green tea with orange and rose, which was nice enough, but I find with fruit teas/fruit in tea that they smell great but there really isn't much taste from the fruit.

I had a green chai tea to try with it which was drinkable, but I wouldn't buy it.

I have some teapigs greentea and also jasmine pearls, I havent tried them yet though. I also have silvertips (i think its called) and I got some weirder flavours like chocolate and popcorn. Havent tried them yet either.

I had some Vanilla and chamomile tea earlier it was ok. Im not a lover of fruity/herbal teas but I know I should drink them as theyre good for me.

I have some teapigs greentea and also jasmine pearls, I havent tried them yet though. I also have silvertips (i think its called) and I got some weirder flavours like chocolate and popcorn. Havent tried them yet either.

I had some Vanilla and chamomile tea earlier it was ok. Im not a lover of fruity/herbal teas but I know I should drink them as theyre good for me.

They are? How so?

I know green tea is healthful because it contains antioxidants, but fruity/herbal teas? :???:

I don't care much for fruity/herbal teas, either. I prefer black tea, tbh.

I'm a fan of jasmine tea. I have to get a specific brand (Dynasty) from the Asian grocery. I've tried other brands of jasmine tea and don't care for them at all.

I just got some Rooibos and South African Honeybush "tea" to try from Davidson's. The Rooibos is pretty good, haven't tried the Honeybush yet.

Reactions: thefadedone