The Tea & Infusion Thread.

@thefadedone

You're kidding! :D I'm so pleased to find someone on here who knows Butiki! What are your favorite teas from her? I love Premium Taiwanese Assam and Mi Xian Black the most. I love nearly everything I've tried. Cantaloupe&Cream is wonderful too, even though I'm not usually big on flavored teas.

. :)

I've only had the flavored teas. I think I tried a coconut one and a cream pie one. Both delicious. I actually found out about Butiki teas from the previous veg site I was on. The owner was once a member there years ago and she was kind enough to send me some samples.

Reactions: shyvas
I just got this Spice Dragon red chai herbal tea.Does anyone know if it's any good?It's caffeine free.

Don't know.I'm going to try it.

I still haven't managed to try the Earl Grey because it's a little costly here.I hoping to start buying it when it gets a little colder so I can use it to warm up.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of seasonal teas coming out in stores for the holidays. Does anyone have any they absolutely love and have to buy each year, or tried for the first time and recommend?

I've been drinking a lot of herbal tea lately and decided I'm going to start drinking loose tea instead of bagged tea. I'm looking at buying a strainer like this.

51tPz2bGywL._AC_UL160_SR160160__zpsrd4p6kk3.jpg

I have really gone off green tea as it tastes bitter in comparison.

A friend of mine (who is a retired chemist) is recommending I add (essence of) bergamot to my tea. Do any of you do this or know anything about it? Apparently, this is already added to earl grey tea (although I have no idea how much is added).
She advocates adding the bergamot for its health benefits, although it would also add a citrusy (sp?) flavor.

I don't like Earl Grey...I wonder if the bergamot is why.

Trader Joe used to sell an air freshener with lemon and bergamot. I loved the smell.

I sometimes buy Lady Grey tea, which is I think Earl Grey with orange flavour added.

Reactions: shyvas
Here is the article my friend the chemist referred me to about bergamot. It apparently is very helpful in controlling cholesterol.

Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels with Bergamot

Swanson is selling bergamot supplements as pills, but most of the online sellers sell it as a liquid, which I imagine would be suitable as an additive to one's tea.

Last edited: