The Tea & Infusion Thread.

I had some Stash pumpkin spice decaf tea. It was good, I drank it without sweetener or milk. Too bad it's seasonal.

I'm so jealous of people who can drink tea (or coffee) without any sweetener or creamer. :(

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas
I switched to decaf (black) tea last year and I really missed the caffeine at first! I'm used to decaf tea now.

I just bought a new stock of herbal teas. I looked up the healthiest and bought them, chamomile, ginger, licorice, green tea etc... I didn't get rooibos as I think that has a weird flavour.

I switched to decaf (black) tea last year and I really missed the caffeine at first! I'm used to decaf tea now.

I just bought a new stock of herbal teas. I looked up the healthiest and bought them, chamomile, ginger, licorice, green tea etc... I didn't get rooibos as I think that has a weird flavour.

I also don't like rooibos infusion. I read that you can make your own decaffeinated tea, by keeping it for a few months in a tin.

Interesting, I do like rooibos but it does have a distinct flavor.

I thought you guys misspelled rooibos. :p I've been calling it R O O B I O S for forever, haha.

• Haha
I'm so jealous of people who can drink tea (or coffee) without any sweetener or creamer. :(
I tried tea with milk and honey as a kid, and I did not like it. My aunts drink it that way, but I am a plain tea drinker for sure. I love the flavor. I have turned to black coffee as well when I just have a regular cup (as opposed to those addicting soy lattes from you-know-where). I also love espresso after a nice meal out. My dad drinks his tea plain, so maybe I get it from him. :D

It's Silk creamer and sugar for me with everything. Except herbal tea, then it's just sugar. But I'm mostly a black tea drinker.

Last edited:
  • Informative
This is the only one so far that I can drink that way, but I don't drink much tea anyway. I have to use sweetener in coffee, although I don't use milk very often anymore.

That flavored, unsweetened seltzer water has changed my tastebuds. I can't drink soda at all anymore, it tastes too sweet. I'm surprised that I still use anything in coffee.

Reactions: KLS52
Opinions are like noses -- everyone has one and they're all different. I think rooibos and honeybush, sweetened with stevia, are two divinely delectable elixirs. I love me some rooibos, and I heart honeybush too

I tried some rooibos the other day when I was at a friends and I still hate it,even more than ever.:( It has an earthier flavour and reminds me of cumin.:rolleyes:

I tried tea with milk and honey as a kid, and I did not like it. My aunts drink it that way, but I am a plain tea drinker for sure. I love the flavor. I have turned to black coffee as well when I just have a regular cup (as opposed to those addicting soy lattes from you-know-where). I also love espresso after a nice meal out. My dad drinks his tea plain, so maybe I get it from him. :D

You sound very European.;)

I really wanted a flavored tea, but found all the ones with fruit flavor also had hibicus! That lowered my BP so badly when I drank it daily I didn't get anything. I wanted something hot to drink at work, and green tea doesn't agree with my stomach when I'm working.
I've been drinking hot tea a lot more often. Caf in the morning, decaf in the afternoon.

I've been looking around for something flavored, too. why isn't there a chocolate flavored tea?
the one I like best, so far, is Good Earth - Sweet and Spicy - Caffeine Free - Flavored Herbal Tea. Good Earth has like four different kinds of Sweet and Spicy. I actually bought it by mistake. but I'm glad I did. (it also tastes good in iced tea.)

My second favorite is Chai tea. I sometimes make a chai latte at night. It comes in both caf and decaf versions. I sometimes have the caf in the morning or the decaf at night.

Last week I bought some Trader Joe's Organic Blood Orange Roobios Herbal tea - caffeine free. It's pretty good too.

Last month I couldn't find any regular Sweet and Spicy. so I bought some Bigelow Orange and Spice. I don't like it at all.

I also have some Tulsi Sleep for nights I can't get to sleep. which doesn't happen too often. I've had that for like a year.

I've had this "ginger bug" soda recipe in my files for so long, and finally started one 4 days ago, feeding it sugar and ginger every night. Still isn't fizzy! I guess it's just too cold in the house? Now I don't know what to do--let it sit around till it gets started?
You gave me that recipe and I was going to make it as soon as I got all the supplies I needed. then I forgot to get the supplies. Must make note to myself. I need something like 3 or 4 of those bottles with replaceable caps.

Hi everyone. I hope you’re all having a nice weekend. We’re having a bit of a heat wave here right now. Temps in the 80’s and upper 70’s. However, we’re supposed to get rain and colder temperatures by Saturday.

I’ve noticed there’s been a proliferation of ad-supported free streaming websites/apps, such as Tubi, Vudu and Crackle. The content ranges from some real junk to genuinely good stuff like classic old movies, but unless you pay for it, they’ll all have commercials. I understand people wanting to save money while binging on TV and movies or catching up on older entertainment, but the constant commercials would drive me nuts, especially since I’ve watched “free TV” for most of my life and have seen thousands of commercials, and would be happy to never see another one. Is this something that would bother anyone else, sitting through multiple commercial interruptions just to watch entertainment on free streaming sites?

I have a Roku now which gives me access to any number of those streaming sites. I just stick with YouTube TV or Neflix which are not free. but sometimes I want to watch something on one of those free channels I got with the Roku. when watching a show with commercials I have found a trick. Start the show and turn off the sound and go do something else. Set a timer so that before the show is over you can stop it and start over. The second time around they don't force you to watch the commercials. I'm not sure this trick works with all the channels but it works with every one I tried so far.

I discovered that trick by accident. there was a commercial on and I left the room to get a snack, and got a phone call. When I came back I tried to rewind the show to where I left off and went back too far. when I fast forwarded it to find my place I discovered I was also fast forwarding thru the commercials.