The Tea & Infusion Thread.

I thought PETA got Unilever to stop testing on animals. I could be wrong though... I'll look into it before buying those brands next time.

The Disney tea set is beautiful! Earl grey fan here as well;followed by chai, Teavana chocolate chai,mint,green, and jasmine. My daughter bought a ginger lemon tea for her insomnia problem but never used it so I did. It was very good. I own an electric tea kettle and a china pot given to me by me ex mother in law. I brew loose tea when I have the patience. Otherwise it's bag in a cup.

I want so much to like tea, there are so many yummy sounding flavors, but I don't. :(

I got a sample of some vanilla spice (which I made tonight) that smells wonderful, but tastes blah. I added some vanilla almond milk, but it still tastes so plain. I even added a little instant coffee which didn't help, but I'm drinking it anyway.

Why can't I like it? :sob:
Is it something that has to grow on you?

I ordered a big bag of loose tulsi-holy basil.
It's sooo good! A bit of a mint flavor, and a mild 'tea' flavor-I guess I'd liken it to green (?)
It's Davidson organics from amazon. I get their rooibos too-not the strongest, but for a normal cup size just right. Good prices!

I want so much to like tea, there are so many yummy sounding flavors, but I don't. :(

I got a sample of some vanilla spice (which I made tonight) that smells wonderful, but tastes blah. I added some vanilla almond milk, but it still tastes so plain. I even added a little instant coffee which didn't help, but I'm drinking it anyway.

Maybe your tastebuds just won't like it no matter what. But did you try adding some sort of sweetener to it?
A coffee/tea combo just won't work unfortunately. One will overpower the other.

I used to feel that way! I think you're trying to hard...
Green tea is only good if you steep it right--not too hot, not too long.
I now love rooibos. You can keep the bag in as long as you want. It's really good in chai flavors.
Basically, "tea" can just be something you steep in hot water--not necessarily real tea. So if you like mint, or fruit, or cinnamon- you can find something.
I like this saffron tea I've found at a discount store. It comes in mango, earl grey and jasmine. i like mango-just slightly fruity.
I do hate black.

I find flavored the to be best with a bit of sweetener.

I've never cared for tea with milk in it, the milk overpowers the tea and just tastes dirty to me.

I got some samples of Twinings teas the other day. This is the second time I've gotten samples from them and it's also not the first time I've had their teas. I've tried various types and flavors of their teas and I just can't bring myself to like them. Every tea seems to have some funky unappealing taste to it.

It's disappointing because they seem like a cool company by always giving out samples and I'm always seeing their teas on sale. Too bad my tastebuds hate their teas.

I've been enjoying Stash Lemon Ginger tea recently with a dash of raw agave. Yum...

That particular flavor does seem to be really popular. I'm not fond of anything lemon flavored, but I like Stash's White Christmas, Chocolate Hazelnut, and Chai teas. The White Christmas is fantastic. I only wish it were available all year round.:pout:

I've tried Bigelow's Ginger Snappish expecting it to be similar to Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice, but instead the lemon flavor really overpowered the whole tea. It tasted like furniture polish or dishsoap.

That particular flavor does seem to be really popular. I'm not fond of anything lemon flavored, but I like Stash's White Christmas, Chocolate Hazelnut, and Chai teas. The White Christmas is fantastic. I only wish it were available all year round.:pout:

I've tried Bigelow's Ginger Snappish expecting it to be similar to Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice, but instead the lemon flavor really overpowered the whole tea. It tasted like furniture polish or dishsoap.

Furniture polish or dishsoap, yummy.... Not... :p

So... Please enlighten me on White Christmas. What flavor is it?

Furniture polish or dishsoap, yummy.... Not... :p

So... Please enlighten me on White Christmas. What flavor is it?

It's a Peppermint White tea. I usually detest any type of peppermint tea but this one is very different from the rest. I'm assuming it's because it's a white tea and not a black tea? It's a much more delicate and smooth.

I've always tried choking down peppermint tea when I felt nauseous or sick and it was always a struggle. Not any more. White Christmas is not only a great remedy for nausea and stomach issues but it's fantastic flavor is also a huge bonus.

http://www.stashtea.com/Stash-Tea-W...archPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

Oooh, that White Christmas sounds good. I like the lemon ginger flavor of late as well. Last week, at my parents' house, we decided to spike the lemon ginger tea with this cinnamon-flavored whiskey for an on-the-fly hot-toddy type of drink after putting up all of the Christmas lights outside. It was pretty tasty!

Reactions: thefadedone