The Everything Oatmeal thread

There are various fruits I find nice to have with oatmeal, I don't know if others try the same fruits with it. Like who else has used dates in their oatmeal?

I love a medjool date in my oatmeal, along with frozen cranberries - the banana and berries I put on top - also molasses in while cooking - with steel cut I put in split red lentils and with rolled oats I put in soy curl crumbs

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Things I add to oatmeal.

Always
dash of salt, a dash of turmeric and pepper, and a tbsp of ground flax seed

In order of frequency
FreshStrawberries,
Fresh blueberries
banana and PB powder

Raisins are my goto when I have nothing fresh

I have a lots of different things I try in my Overnight oats including my fav apples and cinnamon,.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
The date syrup was good but not very flavorful…probably because I didn’t want to use too much of it. I really think I would like chopped dates in there, though. I will have to get some.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I did try chopped apples one time and wasn’t a fan. It wasn’t bad…just kind of mediocre. I prefer bananas, pecans and raisins. No berries, though. But I like berries in farina/cream of wheat, especially strawberries.

Oatmeal is a preparation of oats that have been shelled, steamed and flattened, or a coarse powder of shelled oat grains that have been milled or steel-cut. Ground oats are also known as canaries. Steel-cut oats are known as raw oatmeal, Irish oatmeal, or needle-headed oats

• Informative
Reactions: Blues
I mentioned in an earlier post that my microwaved oatmeal is a bit 'soupy' and I love it that way because of all the extra flavourings that I add - these include molasses (today's was the end of the container so there was a lot) and I also add peanut butter powder and dark cocoa powder and cayenne, along with all the other ingredients - because there are soy curl crumbs both the rolled oats and the crumbs soak up the soupiness.

aside: becareful if you add dark cocoa powder to only add a teaspoon - I added lots one day and had the shakes for a couple of hours...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Blues and KLS52
Not on my part! 😂 it’s more that I only tried oat milk once and didn’t really like it. I found it interesting that it wouldn’t taste good with “oat”meal since it’s oats on oats, haha. 😉
Aw... thanks.
I mean, it's okay to troll me when I'm just rambling about my taste buds and sense of smell. But it would also be kinda mean lol.

Okay, thank you for explaining. 👌
It's kinda interesting for sure. I have no idea why it didn't work for you.

Reactions: KLS52
I ran out of soy milk and made my oatmeal with oat milk. it was fine. I think I even once saw a Quaker Oats promotion for it. Quaker Oats stopped making oat milk - which I still think was kind of weird. Seemed like a natural. Maybe they were just too late to the party.

I use the "informative" thingie when I just want to acknowledge that it was a good post but not something I liked. Like something about animals dying.

We've been using mostly oatmilk here. Aldi soymilk just says 'original', but it is sweet and has a bit of vanilla flavor. I'm not a fan of unsweet almond. Their oatmilk is quite neutral, so it works for everything.
I always have a stash TJ's shelf stable plain soy beverage and pour a jar of it out to keep when I make yogurt

I use the ℹ️ when I learn something new from a post!

Crazy that Quaker Oats didn't jump on the bandwagon!
Do they even make organic oats? :shrug: Yes, but I've never seen them in stores!

I do try and stick to organic with oats, and buy groats for breakfast and rolled for recipes. I had rolled this week and really dislike their texture

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Crazy that Quaker Oats didn't jump on the bandwagon!
Do they even make organic oats? :shrug: Yes, but I've never seen them in stores!

I do try and stick to organic with oats, and buy groats for breakfast and rolled for recipes. I had rolled this week and really dislike their texture
I've purchased Quaker organic oats from Amazon.

Everyone is always like "informative".
I don't know if that's sarcasm. 🤣
I don't use the "i" sarcastically either. Garbage like that happens on generally-snotty-or-outright-toxic message boards; I can personally confirm that!! (Or at least it used to. I dropped those websites long ago, and don't know if they still even exist.) But I haven't seen that here, except maybe when a troll posts something (happily for me, the mods promptly ban them).

In fact, I think when you get enough "i" reactions to your posts, you get a trophy (or you used to).