The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread

Since Shyva has been on a course of diuretics she has started to piddle inside the flat. Despite me leaving sheets of newspaper in various parts of the room, she will often just go where she fancies.

The vet did warm me that some dogs are like water fountains.

My partner bought the wrong food for the cats. It is the same type, but not the same style. They have not been happy. They are not eating it much, but eating a bit. I need a better cat food for them. I think they are not making their main food, or at least not in lager bags.

My partner bought the wrong food for the cats. It is the same type, but not the same style. They have not been happy. They are not eating it much, but eating a bit. I need a better cat food for them. I think they are not making their main food, or at least not in lager bags.

Our cats are picky about their food also. There are certain brands they do not like especially Screamer who lets you know when he is not pleased with the food. And he changes his mind! He will like the food for a while then decide it is no longer acceptable. I always buy the small bags and switch around to keep it interesting and to try to find something he will eat consistently.

This is Bratt, just yesterday, because I was ignoring him while he was begging for more dry food...because breaking his leg once and having two surgeries, wasn’t enough.

8B7A4B00-614B-4E46-A744-F0089BD50D31.jpeg

This is Bratt, just yesterday, because I was ignoring him while he was begging for more dry food...because breaking his leg once and having two surgeries, wasn’t enough.

View attachment 15225

I was going to post a 'funny' emoticon but changed my mind. ;) If it wasn't for the fact that he could seriously hurt himself, you must admit that he really is funny !!!!!! :D '' I'm not getting down until you give me more food'' !!

He is such a tough guy and you are such a sweet mum but there are times when you have to put your foot down.

Last edited:
Matt always wants food every two hours and all night!!!!!If he was human he would be 600 pounds.:cat:

Matt always wants food every two hours and all night!!!!!If he was human he would be 600 pounds.:cat:
Two of my four are the same way. They would eat all day if I let them. They are definitely overweight at 15.5 lbs. It’s a struggle trying not to let them gain anymore but so far so good.

Two of my four are the same way. They would eat all day if I let them. They are definitely overweight at 15.5 lbs. It’s a struggle trying not to let them gain anymore but so far so good.

I know nothing about cats and was told that cats only eat the amount they need. So, I've been given the wrong information.
Dogs would eat non stop if they could. I remember Shyva was always begging if I was having a meal or handling food.

Well is a little. My webcam makes him look smaller. lol Plus I always have to say no to him. He wants like 2 cans a day!

I know nothing about cats and was told that cats only eat the amount they need. So, I've been given the wrong information.
Dogs would eat non stop if they could. I remember Shyva was always begging if I was having a meal or handling food.
With 7 cats we have food out at all times. Some are good weights and run around like crazy, others too much and lazy. The really fat cat was a feral kitten we rescued with his brother.

With 7 cats we have food out at all times. Some are good weights and run around like crazy, others too much and lazy. The really fat cat was a feral kitten we rescued with his brother.
Like you, I keep cat food out all the time. I find it's really a necessity when you have a larger number of cats, and especially when some of them have lived rough, not knowing when they would next be able to eat. If there isn't food available at all times, they become really anxious.

It's been my experience that when a new cat is introduced to a household such as b ne, he may overeat for a while, but eventually his eating habits stabilize as he realizes that there will be food available when he wants it.

Some of our cats are a bit plump, while some are a bit more slender than I would prefer, but no one is obese.

Reactions: KLS52
...In other news, the pine pelleted litter has significantly reduced my litter spending! I still have one box with clumping clay they really like to poop in, but the others have Equine Pine I get at Tractor Supply for $5.99 a 40 lb bag. It breaks down to sawdust and easy to filter with wire mesh baskets I got at Dollar Tree. Mimi will use the one in my bedroom for everything- but she considers that her room too so....
It has been kiln treated so the pine oils that are bad for cats are neutralized.

I googled "Equine Pine" as I didn't realize there was "litter" for horses! When I had my pony as a child, we used straw! :D I might have to try some!

I googled "Equine Pine" as I didn't realize there was "litter" for horses! When I had my pony as a child, we used straw! :D I might have to try some!
It's only great if you have a cheap source, like Tractor Supply! It's their own brand. I've heard you can get some wood pellets but stopped searching as that was just too much.
It so reduced the dust! :)

Some days I just can’t handle having Stella’s butt in my face. :hmm:

Little foster calico, aka Stella, Midge, Monkey, has a habit of needing to snuggle up/in/around my neck. Cute, right? It is. [emoji173] But she inevitably has to lick my chin/lips, bat at my eyelashes when I blink and chew my hair for at least twenty minutes before settling down. Annoying!! Lol
Fast forward five years and nothing’s changed lol...only she’s no longer a foster. :)

I’ve been letting STELLA stay upstairs with me at night, hoping it would help her to feel more secure and not be so weird. I think it’s helping. But...she starts bothering me around 2-3 am. She comes up to my face and ever so gently (thankfully) paws at my face. Then she starts biting my hair. It’s so annoying, one, because I can’t sleep when she does that and, two, she’s breaking off pieces of my hair! I’m considering wearing a cap to bed. :rofl:
12C6130D-5E0C-4C4A-BED4-13D1BCEAEB53.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF
I’ve been letting STELLA stay upstairs with me at night, hoping it would help her to feel more secure and not so weird. I think it’s helping. But...she starts bothering me around 2-3 am. She comes up to my face and ever so gently (thankfully) paws at my face. Then she starts biting my hair. It’s so annoying, one, because I can’t sleep when she does that and, two, she’s breaking off pieces of my hair! I’m considering wearing a cap to bed. :rofl:
View attachment 19569
If to think, it looks cute! Lol, seriously speaking, kitties show their unconditional love when they lick or bite body parts and hair of their human companions.:cat:<3 You are so lucky to have such a loving furry hooligane by your side...💓💓💓

Reactions: Amy SF