The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread

Hind leg degeneration. I think my oldest rat, Tiger has it. He's also losing weight, which I was told is because of his liver. It usually happens to rats that are coming close to 3 years old, one of the worst things you could watch them go through. It's a slow killer.
So sorry to hear that. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girl cat loves to sleep on the mat in our bathroom, in front of the sink. It is annoying to try to get around her to wash hands and such. It is a small bathroom.

Mel seems to be interested in my contacts. Think she wants to take them off.

Someone else on one of the boards mentioned that their cat went kinda nuts over eyedrops or something like that... I forget the details but this definitely sounds familiar.

Nothing like going into the kitchen and finding a 60+lb dog stuck on the counter. :eek:
Sorry for the blur.
IMG_20161004_221502.jpg

How you get her down when she's afraid to jump and too heavy for you to pick up.
IMG_20161004_221653.jpg

Reactions: Val and KLS52
IMG_0526.JPG Can't get Stella to realize she is not a 2 pound kitten anymore. She still insists on snuggling up, into my neck. She doesn't fit like she used to. It's more cute than annoying, though.

^^^ I think I remember you posting that you hoped Stella would be affectionate, and not a psycho calico who snuggles and then suddenly attacks... Did you get your wish?

But what is definitely annoying, and not cute, is when a 50-or-more-pound dog still thinks s/he's a puppy and tries to get on their human's lap. (Well, maybe that's cute too... a former co-worker's full-grown German Shepherd used to do that.)

Reactions: KLS52
I think lots of large dogs think they are lap dogs! :D Shady use to do that all the time. I have pictures of him sharing the recliner and trying to sit on Jeremy's lap while he was at the computer.

^^^ I think I remember you posting that you hoped Stella would be affectionate, and not a psycho calico who snuggles and then suddenly attacks... Did you get your wish?

But what is definitely annoying, and not cute, is when a 50-or-more-pound dog still thinks s/he's a puppy and tries to get on their human's lap. (Well, maybe that's cute too... a former co-worker's full-grown German Shepherd used to do that.)
For the most part, I got my wish. She did bite me twice, but not within the last two months so I'm hoping it was a fluke. She is crazy affectionate, though. And she loves my adult son, too.

My cat just jumped up on the bed and my dog snarled at her and woke me up by running over my head. :rolleyes:

I thought I may as well get up and watch the presidential debate.

This sweet angel
IMG_1166.JPG

Got me with his claw...hooked it right in and I had a hard time unhooking it. :cry:
IMG_1170.JPG

It actually throbbed for several minutes. It's fine now. :)

This sweet angel
View attachment 10332

Got me with his claw...hooked it right in and I had a hard time unhooking it. :cry:
View attachment 10333

It actually throbbed for several minutes. It's fine now. :)

That's happened to me, too. The best way to avoid something like that is to keep the cat's claws clipped, either done by you or by a vet tech or groomer.