The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread

They were recently clipped when he was at the vet for his chin acne...they grow so fast!

Hey everyone! We had a great time at Lynda's! We had more family together this year which made it extra special. We had plenty to eat with sides and desserts and both Jer and I went way off our diets. Tomorrow we will do a little better as we will be able to control/measure our portions. I will have some pictures up on FB of my family tomorrow.
Sorry your kitty "got you" KLS! We sometimes get swatted by our rascals and Screamer likes to "love bite" you. They just don't realize how thin human skin is! :D

Reactions: KLS52
It's 4:39 am and I can hear Stella in the kitchen...her new thing is to try to open the one cabinet that doesn't have a magnet on it. She manages to get her paw in just enough to open the door, just enough so that it bangs shut when she lets go. I was going to try and fall back to sleep but instead I'm lying here listening to the cabinet door slam every 30 seconds or so. :fp: Lol.

My little monsters...chewing up the presents I've bought so far...

I can't leave anything on the nightstand once I open the bedroom door in the morning and let them in because this morning they quickly proceeded to knock over the little measuring cup to the Benadryl so they could use it as a puck for a game of morning hockey...and if that wasn't enough, they started pulling the underwear out of the drawer because I dared to leave enough of an opening so they could squeeze their paws in and grab whatever they could. Then they knocked over my water glass. Luckily it landed on the small rug that's next to the bed so the glass didn't break and the rug absorbed most of the liquid.

Why do they torture me? Why...Whhhhyyyyy!

KLS I think your "monsters" would get along with Fifty and Screamer! :D Those two are constantly making trouble! Fifty loves the Smart Balance and jumps up on the counter/sink to find anything that might have a bit of SB on it. They also chase each other around leaping from counter to desk to table. And they like to open up the cupboard under the bathroom sink and knock things over in there!

Oh good...misery loves company! Lol

My little monsters...chewing up the presents I've bought so far...

I can't leave anything on the nightstand once I open the bedroom door in the morning and let them in because this morning they quickly proceeded to knock over the little measuring cup to the Benadryl so they could use it as a puck for a game of morning hockey...and if that wasn't enough, they started pulling the underwear out of the drawer because I dared to leave enough of an opening so they could squeeze their paws in and grab whatever they could. Then they knocked over my water glass. Luckily it landed on the small rug that's next to the bed so the glass didn't break and the rug absorbed most of the liquid.

Why do they torture me? Why...Whhhhyyyyy!

Lemme guess - they completely ignore the "real" cat toys you buy for them, right?

Reactions: KLS52
There needs to be a Krampus to terrorize certain companion animals around Christmas time.

Let me think:....

Cat Krampus could have: a cat carrier (he wouldn't have to make them think he was going to throw them in a river or take them to the underworld, never to be seen again- making them think they were going to the vet would be trauma enough); a loud vacuum cleaner; mice and birds big enough to be more than a match for cats; and, of course, dogs!

My rabbits gave me some difficulty, but not as much as my cats. I'll have to think about Rabbit Krampus.

There needs to be a Krampus to terrorize certain companion animals around Christmas time.

Let me think:....

Cat Krampus could have: a cat carrier (he wouldn't have to make them think he was going to throw them in a river or take them to the underworld, never to be seen again- making them think they were going to the vet would be trauma enough); a loud vacuum cleaner; mice and birds big enough to be more than a match for cats; and, of course, dogs!

My rabbits gave me some difficulty, but not as much as my cats. I'll have to think about Rabbit Krampus.
I nominate Minxy to go with Cat Krampus. LMAO :p No one believes me or Jerry when we say what a demonic little bully she is! She knows how to "play" company. She acts like sweet, precious baby-kitty. Then there's the screaming banshee personality when she wants a treat or senses the Fresh Pet moist food. But she can turn into an evil b*tch on a dime... lying in wait to take a swipe at any beastie that crosses her path. Come hell or high water, she's determined to remain queen of the castle. And she's the youngest, by far! Poor Mojo... we thought the introduction of him to the house might chill her out a bit, but he has been completely cowed by a beast HALF his size. :confused:

Vida is my private shadow. She walks so close behind me that sometime she steps in my slippers. She want to go with me to the toilet, when I'm in the shower, when I walk from one room to another. I even say to her that she can stay, but nope. Where I go, she follows. Even though she can see me if she stays at the place she is.

Only late in the evning she stops being my shadow. Then she's sleeping, and she doesn't notice that I walk from one room to another. As she doesn't hear as well as she used to anymore.

It's sometimes a bit annoyin that she need to stalk me that much, but she has always done it.

Careful what you wish for. I wanted a super affectionate cat and ended up with three out of four.
IMG_1608.JPG

My kitty is sick, looks like upper respiratory infection. :(
He sneezed kitty boogers all over my face this morning....and it wasn't the first time. :yuck:

Oh yuck...hope he gets well soon. :hug: