The Companion Animal Gripe/Annoying Things Thread

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Not for the animals to gripe, mind you, but aside from the fact that we love them to pieces, for us to gripe about them and the some of things they do.

1. When the kittens and/or Ben cry for food and then take two bites from the dish from a freshly opened can and then walk away.

2. The fact that I can't open a door (to a closet, basement, the outdoors) without them making a bee-line to try and get through said door.

3. Bratt likes to pee/poop in the litter bag if I don't close it properly and/or put it away. :hmm:

4. Sharp little kitten teeth and claws.

I can't believe I can only remember four gripes...I can swear I had at least ten things in mind when I woke up this morning...

((((ledboots))))

As gut-wrenching as it is to lose one, I keep going back for more.

In the last five years I lost Mikey, Tommy, Mandi, Thor, Bogart and my son's two cats, Slim and Shady (within 8 months of each other). :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Hog
Led :( :hug:

The one thing I really wish pixel wouldn't do is put surface scratches all over the furniture. We rent a furnished apartment, and the sofas are unfortunately leather, and they are covered in little scratches from where she runs all over them. I will not be at all happy if I have to replace two leather sofas at the end of my tenancy.

• Haha
Gizmo refuses to use the scratching board and scratches the carpet right next to the scratcher.

No matter how early I get up to feed them, they always want to eat an hour earlier than that.

The way they try to kill you by winding their bodies around your ankles when you try to walk.

Reactions: Hog and KLS52
My rabbits like to chew on the baseboards. And the furniture. And the rugs. And any electrical cords they happen across. And shoes left where they can get them.

I never feed my dog food from my plate while I'm eating, but my family always does despite me telling them numerous times not to. It's highly annoying because that means she constantly whines and begs when she's around them while they are eating. Of course they always give in because her whines are so irritating, but instead of quieting her it only makes her beg even more.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Hog and Andy_T
I never feed my dog food from my plate while I'm eating, but my family always does despite me telling them numerous times not to. It's highly annoying because that means she constantly whines and begs when she's around them while they are eating. Of course they always give in because her whines are so irritating, but instead of quieting her it only makes her beg even more.:rolleyes:

:hug:

That's terrible that your family disrespects your wishes like that. She's your dog and you know her better than anyone else. You try to do what's best for her, and having other people undermine you like that is just rude, IMO. :no: :dog:

• Friendly
Selina sits right in front of the door we walked out of and when we go back into the room we end up having to push her out of the way to get in. We do it lightly to not hurt her, but it is a constant thing. Silly cat.