The coffee Lovers thread

I knew all this but it is sometimes good to see some validation. Plus maybe this is new to some of you.

Lighter roasts are better.
Don't drink coffee first thing.
Take a nap right after you drink coffee.
I don't do this anymore but I used to do this in the afternoon on a weekend.

Reactions: PTree15
That doesn’t apply to me since I drink decaf but it’s definitely interesting stuff fir caffeine lovers.

Reactions: PTree15
And nice to know my dark roasts have less caffeine!
Probably doesn't matter if you're drinking decaf. or not concerned with the buzz.

Personally I put decaf coffee in the same category as alcohol free beer. 😀🍺☕

What's next? THC free Gummies? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52
I knew all this but it is sometimes good to see some validation. Plus maybe this is new to some of you.

Lighter roasts are better.
Don't drink coffee first thing.
Take a nap right after you drink coffee.
I don't do this anymore but I used to do this in the afternoon on a weekend.

That is just interesting goobers from someone who didn't know what to write 🙄
I have coffee when I want coffee.
images

I've discovered I like Aldi whole bean, fair trade, Honduras blend a lot!

I woke up to a pot of hot water, appartently I forgot the coffee. That meant I waited like 25 min for coffee. My morning was kinda sucky because of that-an hour would have made it much worse, and I would have been very very late for work. I do not ever wait to get to work to have coffee. It would not be enjoyable

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and PTree15
Just a one cup (large) a day boy here my system just won’t handle anymore .
The plunger type ,organic .

Reactions: Lou
I always have water before my coffee in the morning.

I think the coffee and tea I'm drinking is making my teeth get a film on them. I went to the hygienist a few months ago and I feel like I need to go again. I think it is going back to drinking coffee as I was off caffeine for over a year.

• Informative
I always have water before my coffee in the morning.

I think the coffee and tea I'm drinking is making my teeth get a film on them. I went to the hygienist a few months ago and I feel like I need to go again. I think it is going back to drinking coffee as I was off caffeine for over a year.
Oh always water first!
My dental hygienist is adamant about brushing before coffee (or tea) but I so often forget. After its too late as I'm finishing it just before getting dressed and can't wait the 30 minutes for remineralization

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: Raven and Lou
My dental hygienist is adamant about brushing before coffee (or tea) but I so often forget. After its too late as I'm finishing it just before getting dressed and can't wait the 30 minutes for remineralization
Before you drink coffee, or after? What is the reason for that?

• Agree
I'm just enjoying my morning oatmilk latte as I post in the coffee thread. It's been my morning ritual for a long time now. I used to use soy milk, but now we have oat, which is way better. At least in my humble opinion.

I buy my beans from a local place that roasts their own. It's a light roast and works well for espresso. I use a Gaggia espresso maker and a Breville milk frother and conical burr grinder. All the tools I need to make barista quality coffee drinks.

I was fascinated by Peaceful Cuisine's coffee set up he uses at home. Check it out...

I brushed my teeth and waited 30 minutes today before my coffee. :angel:

I ordered some Stevia. I have tried it before in tea and didn't like the taste but I will see if I can taste it in coffee.

I brushed my teeth and waited 30 minutes today before my coffee. :angel:

I ordered some Stevia. I have tried it before in tea and didn't like the taste but I will see if I can taste it in coffee.
I hated stevia when I first tried it. I was disappointed. I tried three different brands…Trader Joe’s (both liquid and powder), Whole Foods 365 and NuNaturals (favorite of the three) and they are all bitter. But I tried again just recently and I’m finding that less is more. 1-2 drops works pretty good with keeping the bitterness at bay, but then it’s not sweet enough for me. So now I find I can cut back my sugar to one measuring teaspoon of sugar and 1-2 drops of stevia in coffee or tea if I need it. I still can “taste” the stevia but it’s tolerable. I may try a fourth brand. I see on Amazon they are advertising specifically a “no bitterness” one. I’m doubtful but worth a try since I need more. I do want pure organic stevia and not one that is mixed with anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou and Raven
I bought one called Modern Nature Liquid Stevia. I didn't notice it was vanilla flavour, derr.

I tried the NuNaturals one. OMG, I just checked my past Amazon orders and I bought that back in 2014! Doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Time flies when you get to my age! :D