The coffee Lovers thread

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I had this one this morning…they use the Swiss water method

Allegro Coffee Decaf Organic French Roast Ground Coffee

I mixed it with my Peet’s/espresso blend and I’m surprised at how flavorless it was. It really weakened that bold taste. Also surprising for a french roast. I’m glad I didn’t try it straight if I would not have enjoyed it at all.

Well, the first thing I drink is a big glass of water, but then straight to a big mug of coffee! ☕That looks like a bowl of coffee....

I've been buying Aldi fair trade coffees and have come up with a blend I really really love. Equal parts of the Columbian, Sumatra, and German Roast.
So you blend the three together? I love doing that. I use Peets or major Dickinson or Starbucks Verona/sumatra and blend one of those with an espresso.

I didn’t think to look for coffee at Aldi when I was there. I will next time.

Tomorrow I will try the kicking horse only I bought whole beans instead of ground. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!! I have a grinder but I never know how long to grind the beans for. So annoying. :pout:

And I’ll need to remember to grind the night before because I can’t use the grinder at 5 am. It’s loud!

Tomorrow I will try the kicking horse only I bought whole beans instead of ground. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!! I have a grinder but I never know how long to grind the beans for. So annoying. :pout:

And I’ll need to remember to grind the night before because I can’t use the grinder at 5 am. It’s loud!
my grinder has a see through top and I just grind till it looks right.

If you're making drip coffee, you need a very fine grind. If making French press it's got to be slightly coarse. I usually grind beans for 3 or 4 days and place the ground coffee into an airtight container and keep in the fridge. Some say that coffee shouldn't be stored in the latter but I find that it's stays fresher that way.

Reactions: KLS52
If you're making drip coffee, you need a very fine grind. If making French press it's got to be slightly coarse. I usually grind beans for 3 or 4 days and place the ground coffee into an airtight container and keep in the fridge. Some say that coffee shouldn't be stored in the latter but I find that it's stays fresher that way.
I like keeping ground coffee in the refrigerator. 😊 And I will definitely grind a few days worth. It would be too torturous to do it every day. I wish I had a professional grinder where you can adjust the settings for the grind you want. Or even if I had the nerve to take it somewhere and ask them to grind it for me but that will never happen haha.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
my grinder has a see through top and I just grind till it looks right.
Exactly. Same here but it’s still a pain lol. I’m always second guessing my judgement. But I’ll just have to deal with it and pay better attention next time I order.

Exactly. Same here but it’s still a pain lol. I’m always second guessing my judgement. But I’ll just have to deal with it and pay better attention next time I order.
My grinder is pretty small but when I grind coffee or flax seed I grind enough to fill a one- cup container.

you might want to check your grinder's instructions or web site for some tips. I've never counted (maybe I should) but I just pulse my grinder and keep looking at the grounds. In between pulses I shake it up a little to make sure the grind is even. I go for a medium grind and its not hard to estimate by eye.

I'm going to give you one or two links that I have found helpful.

@Lou thanks! My grinder is small as well. I thought it was more automatic because it has settings but honestly they don’t seem to do anything. I also have to pulse and shake and use my judgement for how fine I want the coffee ground. So I don’t get the purpose of the settings. I have this one:
11AED01F-B60F-4ADC-9931-5750C55A1054.jpeg

I used to have a basic Krups. It was the same price, in the $20 range, but worked so much better.

@Lou thanks! My grinder is small as well. I thought it was more automatic because it has settings but honestly they don’t seem to do anything. I also have to pulse and shake and use my judgement for how fine I want the coffee ground. So I don’t get the purpose of the settings. I have this one:
View attachment 26057
oh that looks like a nice one.
I wish mine had a "removable chamber"
so the programable grind settings are automatic?
It's not that expensive - the fancier ones are twice the price

I have a really small Krupps. I couldn't find it online - its pretty old. but it still works. Nowadays I grind my coffee beans before I leave Trader Joe's. And just use the grinder for things like flax seed.

I tried unsweetened Wunda ( pea protein milk) with coffee and it is by far my favourite pb milk after hazelnut. It doesn't curdle or alter the taste
of the coffee and contains no natural sugars.

What your body gets per 100ml

Energy: 111kJ / 27 kcal
Fat: 1.4g
of which Saturates: 0.1g
Carbohydrates: 0g
of which Sugars: 0g
Fibre: 1.8g
Protein: 2.2g
Sodium: 55mg
Salt: 0.14g

Vitamin D: 0.75µg (15%*)
Riboflavin (B2): 0.21mg (15%*)
Vitamin B12: 0.38µg (15%*)
Calcium: 120mg (15%*)

• Informative
I was about to post that my coffee tasted good this morning. I blended the allegro with the Kickinghorse in a little bit of Pete’s that I had left over. And then this happened…

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
And yes, it dripped down all inside the cabinet. I don’t know if I’m more upset about losing the coffee or having to clean the mess lol.

Not to mention I now have to wash my socks, slippers, and fleece robe.

OK, back on topic and back in business.
4A42E7E7-D0A8-43FF-A076-F7C88C218AEC.jpeg

Reactions: Lou