The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(March 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uuuuggghhh... What a hike Unghshu has just finished!🥴 I've been to the city, to Merchant's court mall (on Nevsky avenue):tinfoilhat:, in order to get my jar of B12 that i'd found online (one of the last jars of Methylcobalamin from the stock, a.k.a. the last one from the U.S. :sigh: :sniff:).
I hope i'll be ok, because i didn't interact with anybody in the city, except for the cashier boy, who was sitting quite far from me. I paid with my card,- i also bought 2 train tickets with my card. I acted like a total swine and threw away 4(!) tiny plastic bags🤦‍♀️: i put 2 of them on my right hand (not simultaneously) in order to open the mall's door 2 times (walking in and walking out,- because all those antique handles are made of metal and wood!), then i put on the 3rd one when i was dabbing the screen of an electronic ticket machine, and the 4th one - for holding the handle when i was getting off the suburban train in my hometown. I also used a bathroom in GD (it's called "Gostinyi dvor" mall), but i opened and closed the door with my stick (cane), hehehe. It was sort of a private bathroom, so it's not as bad as the public bathroom there, ...which is closed "for repairs purposes"! I actually KNOW why they have closed it (to avoid turning GD into a Petri dish for covid, because people would be grabbing everything in that bathroom with dirty hands).
Liza, of course, used an opportunity to tell me off (she thought that i'd been "traipsing" around the mall). WTF???🤯 But i explained to her (patiently!😡) that i came in from the left side of the mall, squeezed inside, right where the staircase is, quickly went to the second floor (to "Muscle" shop), got my order, and went out the same way.
I actually saw the picture of what's going on in GD (because it's a long long gallery in fact), and what can i say... It's a very SAD picture: no customers (ZERO customers,- only cashiers, bored, tired, sad-looking and quietly talking to each other).
In one section (open shop), i noticed some "luxurious" shubi (fur coats) with golden chains and brooches. I also saw a ridiculously expensive fur muff (handwarmer)!:yuck: ...And i thought: this quarantine situation ("new reality", like the hosts of NZ radio keep saying) has shown that (most) people's values are so false! These shubi are hanging on the walls and it's "highly unlikely" that anyone will need this stuff in the nearest future. Who on Earth needs it? Anyway, i WANT to believe that from now on, false values and false idols will gradually go away.
I took so much photos... i would like to share some of them with you (those that will express my feelings about my hike to the place that i'm not going to see very soon), but, nevertheless, i'll need to sort them out.
I think, i've taken my hike in time: the reality of quarantine is approaching very quickly, especially after today's Putin's announcement...:pout: I'm definitely not going to the city's center (or even to the city at all) very soon. I suspect, today was the last day of people traipsing around freely. The reality is changing every hour,- not every day.
Now Unghshu is in Okey mall, in Kolpino. (I'll buy some food and go home by an empty bus). Legs hurt like a hell, because this has been a real(!) hike, during which i had to walk a lot. And, considering that the surface of Nevsky avenue's pavements is merely awful,- my legs hurt fiercely.:fsm: But i'm contented. Look what Unghshu has obtained! (Another jar of Methylcobalamin, 1500mcg, 60 capsules). Now i have a 4-months supply of B12, even if i'll have to take a pill every day.
Unghshu's trophy: 🥳 :kitty::bd:
IMG_20200325_214133.jpg

Last edited:
KLS .. Thank you. It is different here, there is a walking track at the back of the house so I see hundreds of people every day pouring past.. Kids, dogs, bikes, joggers displaying some very messy and non social distancing behaviour like spitting, sometimes people stop outside our house and have conversations... It is annoying but right now it isn't such a bad thing as I know that I will always see people out here..

KLS .. Thank you. It is different here, there is a walking track at the back of the house so I see hundreds of people every day pouring past.. Kids, dogs, bikes, joggers displaying some very messy and non social distancing behaviour like spitting, sometimes people stop outside our house and have conversations... It is annoying but right now it isn't such a bad thing as I know that I will always see people out here..
A few hours ago, i heard on Auckland's "Hits 97.4" approximately the following: "Please, don't be afraid, if militaries/police stop you in the middle of the street and ask you about where you are going". ...Have you seen any militaries so far? (at where you are?):ignore:

Reactions: Irene Adler
I see (thankfully) that Brenton Harrison Tarrant, the Christchurch mosque shooter has changed his plea from not guilty to guilty to 51 charges of murder and 40 charges of attempted murder.

It gives slight relief to the relative's, friends and the general public that they don't have to listen to a 3 month trial of the raving and rantings of Tarrant.

Val.. I haven't been out today. I guess tomorrow I will find out.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
1317331d1584247257t-vegetarian-vegan-passion-89728113_2730760013638337_7723658779526430720_n.jpg

I'm glad the weather is getting more and more spring-like. I'm forced to go and get more of my painkillers. I called the info service of the pharmacy shops' chain where the most effective Gabapentin is sold, and, luckily, there were 2 last packs of "blue pills", lol:woo: (indeed, they are of turquoise color, and i suspect, they are not beneficial, but i have no choice).
Mom is stressed out, and she's constantly harrassing me about my going out, because her acquaintance told her that "her acquaintance" had revealed an info about some 5 cases of contamination among the personnel of a research institute in Metallostroy town. Metallostroy ("Metal constructing") is a small town VERY close to my home town (it's like a "satellite-town"). Officially, the quarantine will start on Saturday over here.:pout:
I yelled at mom, because, in fact, she hadn't stocked up on anything, or had bought a few jars of something inedible at the last minute. (It has been mostly me who is buying something). But she made up a revenge: she started boiling fish-oat porridge in the kitchen (that's what Liza feeds her turtle Sonny, most of the time).
I opened VK (popular russian social platform) and saw an announcement in our lyceum's group that, of course, according to yesterday's Putin's message,- all classes in the lyceum are cancelled until Apr.6th, at least. Further info is expected later. I called my new co-worker Mrs.Victoria Sogreyeva, and she said that our principle had called "old" teachers and said that everything would be cancelled until further notice. I think, i might call Annie later as well.
We have 5 new cases in SPb,- 182 new cases in the country (i only hope that those are the people who had recently returned from other countries). Hundreds and hundreds of tourists are still stuck abroad. E.g., Emirates are not letting anyone out. We have cancelled all flights abroad too.
But it can't be compared to the petrifying news that are coming from the U.S. (the news are talking about it since 7a.m.). Unghshu would like to send more virtual (((hugs))) to all my friends from across the pond.:hugs:🌍💌🌎💖🌱
I'm ready to spend more money today than i can afford spending a day. We basically have only 2 days for stocking up on fresh veggies and canned veggies, and other necessary items. What's next - no one knows, and all people are scared terribly.
Our idiotic neighbours are sitting at home now and turturing us with loud beat from their dynamics.:hmm:

Morning/afternoon y'all! It is cloudy this morning which surprised me. We did get a rain shower yesterday; we desperately need the rain. It is going to get hot again later today. This evening we (Kevin, Sherri, and I) are going to support our favorite food truck and go over to Central 28 to get food from them. The food trucks are still operating as they are take out only by their very nature. We want to support them and Central 28 as much as possible during these tough times. We can't stay at the brewery so will come home with our food and beer. Central 28 is allowed to sell growlers and 6 packs to go.

I am so achy after exercising yesterday. That shows how out of shape I am. I was using that knee sprain as an excuse not to do anything for months, lol.

I have a phone appointment with my psychologist this afternoon. I don't think I have done all the CBT homework she asked me to do. At least she can't see me lying about it.;)

The first warm day of spring and I went for a long walk through the woods, over the rocky outcrop (beautiful views from up there) and through the woods to Partille. Coming down the other side of the rocks was very difficult but I proved to myself that I still have it in me.:cool: When I came to the woods the other side I was so warm I actually took off my jacket and jumper and went sleeveless the rest of the way. I didn't see any tomtar or trolls in the woods sadly. :( I hope they are not in quarantine.:mask:

Today's hello. :) I'm much better today. I just have a small sign of an infection in my throath, but that is very common for me. Before I got my hand on a "medication" called Kan-Jang, I had throath infection 8-12 times a year. I think it's connected to my EoE.

But. Then they say stomack problems and diarrhea is one of the most common symptoms of corona. I had both stomack flu and the cold in one week. I wonder in fact that I've been through this **** allready. :p

So today I have bought and picked up three jumps. And just to be on the safe side, she just put them out for me and we didn't even have to see eachother. I have three people making face masks to me, as people have offered themself for it. :) I will have good use of them on work later too, to protect me from different things like heroin smoke... And the next pandemic scenario.

Btw. Check out the game Plauge Inc. Then you can be the virus and try to erease the humans. :D

The first warm day of spring and I went for a long walk through the woods, over the rocky outcrop (beautiful views from up there) and through the woods to Partille. Coming down the other side of the rocks was very difficult but I proved to myself that I still have it in me.:cool: When I came to the woods the other side I was so warm I actually took off my jacket and jumper and went sleeveless the rest of the way. I didn't see any tomtar or trolls in the woods sadly. :( I hope they are not in quarantine.:mask:
Look what Unghshu has found. It's very cute.💞 I also have read a wikipedia article about nisse.

Status
Not open for further replies.