Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread

Many on Youtube are creating copycat "animal rescue" videos by deliberately putting animals in danger in order to film the "rescue." They seem to get many views for obvious reasons. When they are reported, they have their channel taken down, but just use a backup channel.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I live in the UK, in around Hereford, Gloucestershire, and I am incredibly concerned for the safety of 3 dogs I saw over the weekend.

A woman was continually hitting her dogs whilst she kept them in cages outside whilst they were squealing. I asked the woman what she was doing, and she said "it's none of your business, I am training my dogs, it's got nothing to do with you." I felt a bit silly because I don't know much about dog training, but it just looked horrible to me. However, I then saw her put a tiny watering can over a puppy's head and then start hitting the watering can with a stick. The puppy was whimpering and squealing as it couldn't get out of the watering can because the hole was too small. After seeing that, I knew something wasn't right as I don't think that type of cruelty is considered training. I confronted her and said it's abuse, and she said "Report me, who do you think they are they going to believe. I am a dog trainer." The woman was a large woman (the people she was with called her 'Jan' I believe), probably in her 50's?, and also was in a wheelchair. She appeared to shout "Whisper!" (which in retrospect seems ironic!), which seems to be the name of one of the dogs.

I managed to find her information online but I don't want to report her (maybe to the RSPCA) because I am scared, she seemed so unstable. Those poor dogs. I don't know what to do

I live in the UK, in around Hereford, Gloucestershire, and I am incredibly concerned for the safety of 3 dogs I saw over the weekend.

A woman was continually hitting her dogs whilst she kept them in cages outside whilst they were squealing. I asked the woman what she was doing, and she said "it's none of your business, I am training my dogs, it's got nothing to do with you." I felt a bit silly because I don't know much about dog training, but it just looked horrible to me. However, I then saw her put a tiny watering can over a puppy's head and then start hitting the watering can with a stick. The puppy was whimpering and squealing as it couldn't get out of the watering can because the hole was too small. After seeing that, I knew something wasn't right as I don't think that type of cruelty is considered training. I confronted her and said it's abuse, and she said "Report me, who do you think they are they going to believe. I am a dog trainer." The woman was a large woman (the people she was with called her 'Jan' I believe), probably in her 50's?, and also was in a wheelchair. She appeared to shout "Whisper!" (which in retrospect seems ironic!), which seems to be the name of one of the dogs.

I managed to find her information online but I don't want to report her (maybe to the RSPCA) because I am scared, she seemed so unstable. Those poor dogs. I don't know what to do

Are you on Facebook?

No I don't

I would strongly advise you to join and contact an admin on a local animal rights FB page. I have found one in Gloucestershire. They could give you some helpful advice as you don't want to get either the RSPCA or the police involved.

I can confirm that pouring water over a pup and keeping them in cages isn't what one would like pup training. It is simply animal cruelty.

I would strongly advise you to join and contact an admin on a local animal rights FB page. I have found one in Gloucestershire. They could give you some helpful advice as you don't want to get either the RSPCA or the police involved.

I can confirm that pouring water over a pup and keeping them in cages isn't what one would like pup training. It is simply animal cruelty.
I do want her reported, but I don't want her to know that I reported her as I am scared

True. Will they actually do anything if I complain though? Or will it just be ignored unless she gets lot of reports like most things?

As I previously stated, why don't you join an AR welfare group who can advise you. The police or RSPCA only need one complaint
to investigate.

1694603863472.png

This little girl was found branching in the middle of a busy rd. Happily she was rescued and taken to a sanctuary in east Sussex. She has since then been
released.