Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
Animal Rights Activists walked on to an estate on the UK and took 3 lambs.
You left out the most important part. They weren't just any lambs. They were The King's Sheep!

Also worth mentioning is that they took pictures of themselves and the sheep. and wore pink Animal Rising T-shirts

Film at 11.

I can't find any details about this petition. Do you have a link to give us some idea of what it is about? I won't sign anything without being certain of what I am signing for and whether it is a good thing or not.
Sorry, I think the petition must’ve been rejected and not published by the UK Government.
Have you ever seen the video about the benefits of the reintroduction of the wolves to Yellowstone? Wolves are vital apex predators and beautiful animals. They would make our wildlife more interesting. They would also help to restore biodiversity and natural balance by naturally controlling the deer. They would help the deer by killing the sick and injured deer, and could help fight climate change by naturally allowing forests and trees and plants to regrow without being eaten down by the deer. Yes, I know they cull the deer, but this is wrong and cruel, and probably not as effective as reinstating natural balance. Besides, humans wiped out the wolves, so you could argue we have a moral duty to bring them back. We certainly have a moral duty to help them and all the animals and wildlife.
I love wolves and would love to have them back in the UK.

Reactions: KLS52
Sorry, I think the petition must’ve been rejected and not published by the UK Government.
Have you ever seen the video about the benefits of the reintroduction of the wolves to Yellowstone? Wolves are vital apex predators and beautiful animals. They would make our wildlife more interesting. They would also help to restore biodiversity and natural balance by naturally controlling the deer. They would help the deer by killing the sick and injured deer, and could help fight climate change by naturally allowing forests and trees and plants to regrow without being eaten down by the deer. Yes, I know they cull the deer, but this is wrong and cruel, and probably not as effective as reinstating natural balance. Besides, humans wiped out the wolves, so you could argue we have a moral duty to bring them back. We certainly have a moral duty to help them and all the animals and wildlife.
I love wolves and would love to have them back in the UK.
Your comments about conservation are informative and valuable but I worry about the amount of abstracts used as reasons when they seem to serve no purpose other than our own. The comments I have highlighted are disposable.

1686412872841.png

Orphaned or lost chicks coming by the dozen at rehabbers in and around Brighton. Happily there are plenty of lovely volunteers that foster these babies.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
1686559531068.png

An extract from a local wildlife sanctuary in east Sussex:

''This is a one day old Gull chick, this particular one weighs in at 31g!!

He arrived to us, via New Priory vets at 4am Saturday.
The member of public who had brought him in had stopped a group of drunk teenagers kicking him along the road like a football!!
🤬
🤬

We've spent the last 36 hours intensively nursing this little one, and after an initial improvement last night, sadly has just passed away.

Each animal we care for means something to us and we deeply care what happens to them. We often take animals that may not have a chance elsewhere and put our heart and soul into what we do.
Deliberately injuring wildlife is a crime!
Whether it's putting scaffolding up and disturbing a nest site, allowing badly maintained netting to kill birds or kicking one down the street! We've been involved with some horrible rescues and injuries and were still shocked sometimes at the things people do.''