Animal Advocacy The Animal Activism/Rights/Welfare thread

1694766628110.png
1694766647082.png

1694766783824.png

Some more devastating news as this is the second death in this park within a couple of months. Many dog owners simply refuse to keep their dogs on a lead whilst near wildlife with dire consequences. Moreover, it would seem that the local council doesn't give a hoot.

"Boris and Doris are two of many characters on Stanley Park in Blackpool. We have loved these two swans and cared for them for several years, keeping them fed during every bird flu season, along with support feeding their yearly broods (which they almost always sadly lose to bird flu there every winter).
We are sharing photos of them in happier times.
Heartbreakingly, Doris has had to be put to sleep this evening following a suspected dog attack injury that certainly hadn't happened today and had left her with her shoulder ripped out of the joint and a severe compound wing fracture (bones irreparably sticking out).
Thanks to the dog owner, who like many other persons on Stanley Park, chose not to control their dog on a lead around wildlife, our vet had no choice but to end her suffering. Thank you to Adrian and team at The Veterinary Health Centre Ltd for helping Doris this evening.
Doris had 5 babies at present with Boris. It will forever be etched on our mind when we had to take her away from her babies this evening never to return. I can't tell you what this does to us too, rescue can be the best but also the worst job in the world.
Boris will be bereft. Can people who know them please look out for him and their little babies with extra food?
These deaths wiill not stop, in our opinion, until the park enforces dogs on leads around wildlife and reinstalls it's rangers to police it. Fylde Council can manage it, why can't Blackpool Council?
We don't have any other words left in us this evening, but we can tell you that Stanley Park is not a safe place for wildlife.

Rest in peace beautiful Doris, we will take care of Boris and your beautiful babies
💔
"

1694937031631.png
Life Magazine-Polar Bear Hunting 1947

"A desperate bear cub, hugging the body of his dead mother. The little bear stayed in this position all day and all night, whining and refusing to eat.
This heartbreaking scene is a photo taken in 1947 by the famous photographer Lennart Nilsson on Svalbard and was one of his first photos published in Life Magazine with the title ′′Polar Bear Hunting", in which he described the event: ′′The mother bear escaped. But when she saw that the little one wanted to see us, she returned. Then the mother was shot."

1694985720801.png

He was a 2-year-old elephant, in his death he folded his legs as if he was still a baby.
The yacht company is CHARLTON MCCALLUM YACHT SAFARIS. Owner is BUZZ CHARLTON.

The professional hunter is MAX DELEZENNE and the trophy hunter is Mike JINES owner of TopGen ENERGY

• Angry
Reactions: PTree15
I know my answer seems irrelevant to our topic, but there is a site: Home. I read its posts that find me well. I contacted its owner, who also has the same mindset and planned to organize an online organization to fight for animal rights. You can contact him or me for more details about the org setting plan.

My best friend Mr. kitty is was attacked by 5 dogs. He is currently a very sick kitty and he is fighting for his life. I really need your help. I'm not quite sure where to post this so I apologize in advance. Thank you for reading and especially if you checked it out! Prayers are also helpful.
https://gofund.me/96772fa7

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
1698140354119.png
1698140402134.png
1698140431047.png
1698140459544.png
1698140511455.png
1698140628350.png

Viva Outreach Demo last Sunday-Brighton.
Feeling so honoured to be part of the Viva team. We spend an enjoyable Sunday both distributing leaflets and proposing pb cheese samples to the public. We also chatted with a few vegans who said 'keep up the good work'. Such a lovely buzz in Brighton. There's no other place like it.

View attachment 29438
View attachment 29439
View attachment 29440
View attachment 29441
View attachment 29442
View attachment 29443

Viva Outreach Demo last Sunday-Brighton.
Feeling so honoured to be part of the Viva team. We spend an enjoyable Sunday both distributing leaflets and proposing pb cheese samples to the public. We also chatted with a few vegans who said 'keep up the good work'. Such a lovely buzz in Brighton. There's no other place like it.
Nothing better than to see people walk their talk shyvas 😊

1698593049039.png

1698662407120.png

1698593079703.png

1698593102554.png

Squeaky, a baby pigeon found abandoned in central Brighton. Many of her feathers were missing and her body was covered in burns and clotted blood. She couldn't fly. After a few weeks at both the rescuer's and rehabber's, here she is.

She practises taking off every day and is eating well. I was lucky to have seen her several times during my stay and must say she in not only a fighter but a knockout. Thank you to everyone at South coast/East Sussex bird/gull volunteer network for saving her and for caring.

Reactions: Blues
1698609727544.png

Posted on my neighbourhood FB page earlier on. A hunter with a loaded rifle and his poor dog hunting wildlife. There is a building nearby plus people who hike, run and take their children/dogs out for a walk.

No photo description available.

They are back in my neck of woods. Some people have complained on FB as they were either out for a run, walk with their dogs and children. Such disgusting vile human beings who have nothing better to do then shoot innocent animals and their babies.

1698837863052.png
Fox Hunting Still Continues in the British Countryside:

"Today we've had sabs out with Three Counties Hunt Saboteurs and West Midlands Hunt Saboteurs at the opening meet of the North Cotswold Hunt at Spring Hill. It was a long day of relentless fox hunting, but the presence of sabs helped this fox and others escape the hounds. Full hit report to follow once we've gone through all our handheld and drone footage."
Help support our work for the price of a coffee at www.ko-fi.com/mendiphuntsabs