Thai noodle peanut stir-fry recipe

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This recipe is an adaptation from a local restaurant called "The Noodle Box". It is amazingly delicious, and quite satiating.

Spicy Thai Peanut Box:

Sauce Ingredients:

1 cup natural peanut butter

1 can organic coconut milk (whole, full fat)

4 tablespoons fresh lime juice

3 tablespoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root

3 cloves garlic, minced

* hot sauce (sriracha) -1 tbsp for mild, 2 tbsp for medium, 3 tbsp for spicy, 4 tbsp for HOT, etc.

In a bowl, mix (whisk) the peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, ginger, and garlic. No cooking necessary. Taste and add more sriracha according to heat level preferences.

The veggies they use are: onions, carrots, red peppers, broccoli and bok choy. Stir-fry them on high heat with high-heat oil (oil is optional, as I don’t use oil). They also offer a choice of protein, including tofu. I prefer mine with just veggies. I'm not a huge tofu fan in this recipe.It would be okay, as long as you are able to fry some texture on the tofu first. Also, tofu is bland, and would need additional flavour.

I also prefer Thai rice noodles, but any noodles will work, or serve it on rice if you like. The noodles will clump if you cook them ahead of time. Either hold them in cold water after cooking, and then drain thoroughly before adding them, or cook the stir-fry first, then add the noodles last, tossing everything together. Either way, when your veggies are soft enough for your tastes, thoroughly drain noodles and add a healthy amount of this delicious sauce. Thoroughly mix/toss, heating all together, and serve with garnish toppings below. Be careful that no additional water from the noodles or veggies weaken the sauce. Drain everything really well before adding the sauce. Ideally, if you stir-fry in a wok with a gas stove you shouldn't have any trouble with water leeching out of your veggies, but otherwise just be aware of any water leeching into the final dish. It can potentially dilute the flavour.

*Garnish with chopped roasted peanuts, bean sprouts (uncooked and thoroughly rinsed), chopped cilantro and/or scallions and lime wedge(s). Delicious!

Reactions: hopeful
@Veganite I tried it! It's great. My wife loved it as well. I ended up just making the sauce and putting it over rice we already had leftover in the refrigerator. Oh, my wife just said, "That was delectable."

Thanks for the recipe!

Reactions: Veganite