Tattoos

we went on honeymoon to zanzibar and then a lady did a henna tattoo on my ankle / leg, I fell in love with it and got it done when I was back home.

I dont know how I stomach it cause I am not one for tattoo's but I guess : in some cases the tattoo just find you.

IT WAS HELL SORE!!!!!

Attachments

• 33924_10150274639345066_655747_n.jpg
    33924_10150274639345066_655747_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 515
Scorp! NICE - hey I haven't seen all of those either, so I'm glad I insisted you post.

I'd be interested in hearing the stories behind these...if you care to share, that is. I'm always curious about how people decide on their permanent body-art.

View attachment 2119View attachment 2120

The beginnings of what will be a tribute to the three cats I've lost - Boon, Sabra and Mim. The raven is delivering the Moon key - which has the power to reunite you with your loved ones who have passed on. The three cats will be added in one of the next sessions.
That is a very strong image. Surprising things may change in your life after this.

I'm feeling the itch again to get inked. Working in a shop and being around the artists is something I miss the most about the place that I moved from. Ink was such a large part of my life for so long and now it's gone. I feel the need to go and get reacquainted with my old friend.

Reactions: PTree15 and Dedalus
View attachment 2119View attachment 2120

The beginnings of what will be a tribute to the three cats I've lost - Boon, Sabra and Mim. The raven is delivering the Moon key - which has the power to reunite you with your loved ones who have passed on. The three cats will be added in one of the next sessions.

Very powerful symbolism and fantastic idea for a 'memorial' tattoo. I can't wait to see the final product!

I'm feeling the itch again to get inked. Working in a shop and being around the artists is something I miss the most about the place that I moved from. Ink was such a large part of my life for so long and now it's gone. I feel the need to go and get reacquainted with my old friend.
Same here. It's been too long!

Reactions: Dedalus
That is a very strong image. Surprising things may change in your life after this.

You have no idea how good it feels to hear someone say that. I hope you're right. Thank you. :hug:
Very powerful symbolism and fantastic idea for a 'memorial' tattoo. I can't wait to see the final product!

Thank you Scorp! I've been obsessing over just the right image and placement for quite some time. Then finding the right person to do it. Here is the end of day 1 pic:

View attachment 2121

Attachments

• Tat VII.jpg
    Tat VII.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 427
I am constantly mulling over ideas for new ink. I have a couple that have been in the planning stages in my mind for years. But as you can tell from the pictures of my last two, when I finally get them, they are pretty elaborate. So I can't rush the decision, financially or otherwise.

I still have plans for a piece around my ankle/calf based on the Hayao Miyazaki film My Neighbor Totoro. Also a smaller piece of strawberries/strawberry plants/blossoms on my hip

I also want to do either a fall foliage half sleeve to compliment my fox tattoo, or just some sort of forest scape sleeve (which I may do on one of my thighs instead. I will attach some pics I saved for inspiration, to give you all and idea what I mean.

foliage sleeve.jpgfoliage sleeve2.jpgforestscape tattoo.jpg

Me three on new ink. I keep saying iam going to get one, but then do not have the money or have to use what I saved for something else.
This. I have three that I want to get, but I keep spending what I do save on other things. I also like to wait for summer when it's easier to take care of.

Session II of Cat Tats :)

I was a little nervous, because you know, we all know our animals intricately - and I worried that despite how great the artist is - if it isn't perfect - then you've just got a picture of someone's cat on your body. I am really happy though - Boon (the black cat) is absolutely spot-on. And Mim is definitely Mim. He really spent a lot of time getting her colors and expression just right. He said she was unquestionably difficult because her face holds such expression and he wanted to be certain he captured it. Kudos to him - he has cats of his own that he adores. So he was the right choice for this project.

Two sessions to go! Sabra's portrait will be next - and the rest of the raven's wing.

Hail, Bosami!

tat vii.JPG