Tattoos

I want a dragonfly at some point. I'm still working on the details of how it will look and exactly where I want it. I also may add to my Celtic knot on my inner wrist...ideas are still germinating. :)
We will definitely have a meet-up for tattoos one of these next times. It's just one of the many ways message board members and veg-heads bond, right?

My really good friend and coworker came back from being in London for ten days, looking very chic and Londonesque! While there she got a haircut and returned to work sporting a new outfit that she bought while there, a beautiful bracelet and a super cool tattoo!
IMG_5467.JPG

One Love
Larry
<3
He died last year.

Last edited:
The hair is very chic...she totally looked like she was from London...a fashionista of sorts. Of course, she's tall, thin, blonde, ten years younger than me, lol. She always dresses up for work and looks good. I'll see if she'll let me snap a pic to post.

The hair is very chic...she totally looked like she was from London. Of course, she's tall, thin, blonde, ten years younger than me, lol. She always dresses up for work and looks good. I'll see if she'll let me snap a pic to post.

Just my dream - Slim and looking 10 years younger. :p

Love to see a pic !

Edit : meaning I'd like to be slim and look 10 years younger, ha ha !

I was at the local tattoo convention in July. My little sister's artist of choice was going to be there, so she decided to schedule an appointment at the convention, rather than travel the longer distance to her shop. While we were there, the tattoo artist's husband who is the shop's piercist was bored. He offered me a steep discount if I wanted to get any new piercings. Me being me, of course I want more piercings. Ultimately, we agreed on adding dermal piercings to accentuate my existing strawberry tattoo. We entered the "Best New Piercing of the Day" competition and won 1st place. Here is a healed photo, taken a couple of weeks ago.
20170819_121401.jpg

Is that your side, going down your hip? What keeps the piercings in? Aren't they going to rub on clothes?
I really like it!

That's my lower stomach down onto my upper thigh. It's a hard place to photograph discretely. The piercings are anchored underneath the skin, in the dermal layer. Basically it's a post with a little foot on the bottom that sits below the skin, and the top just screws into the post. They don't rub on my clothes too badly, since the piercist made efforts to ensure the jewelry would sit relatively flush against the skin. I don't notice they are there when I am going about my usual business, walking around and sitting and such. I just need to use care when I am changing clothing. I have two other dermal piercings on my lower stomach on the opposite side that have been there about 3 years now, and those have not come out, so I am used to it.

Reactions: PTree15
I don't know if it is because a lot of folks in the states are getting income tax refunds, or if it is just that when something in heavily on your mind you see "signs" everywhere. Just about every day someone either posts about a new tattoo on social media, or flags me down at the office to ask if I can recommend a good tattoo artist, or talks about something tattoo related within earshot of me... All sorts of things that bring back that nagging desire to get another tattoo. I always have at least half dozen concepts mulling around in my head, and several artists I know I want to work with some day. I think I will spend a good portion of today developing my idea and seeing if I can get a concept coherent enough for an artist to sketch something up for me. I am craving the buzz... badly.

i'm curious about the piercings...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
how-dermal-piercing-is-done.jpg

Not in English, but this diagram describes the process pretty clearly.

It hurts but it's not terrible. Hurts about the same as most body piercings, except maybe a little more prolonged because of the two step process of making the place for the post to sit and then putting the post in place.

There is an artist I have been following for a while and desperately want to work with on my next piece. Trouble is he is located in the Akron, Ohio area... which would mean me traveling to Ohio from New Hampshire. I could visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the same trip though, which could be cool. Anyone else know anything about that area?