Tattoos

Sweet! Reminds me of 'Watership Down.'
It definitely has a lot of symbolism for me. It's my tribute not only to my ten plus years of vegetarianism and ongoing aspirations toward veganism, but also a representation of the importance of sustainable agriculture and the connection between human, animals and food. Also, it is reminiscent of rabbits I had during my childhood, and the rural area where I grew up. Not to mention, the slightly more illicit things rabbits symbolize *wink wink*

It definitely has a lot of symbolism for me. It's my tribute not only to my ten plus years of vegetarianism and ongoing aspirations toward veganism, but also a representation of the importance of sustainable agriculture and the connection between human, animals and food. Also, it is reminiscent of rabbits I had during my childhood, and the rural area where I grew up. Not to mention, the slightly more illicit things rabbits symbolize *wink wink*

It's great that your tattoo's have so many layers of symbolism. All the better that they can exhibit intellectual and personal meanings as well as embracing the illicit ones. ;)

Reactions: Tom L.
It's great that your tattoo's have so many layers of symbolism. All the better that they can exhibit intellectual and personal meanings as well as embracing the illicit ones. ;)
It makes it difficult though when people ask me, whether it be the fox tattoo or my new one "Why did you choose that?" because I don's have a short and sweet answer. Both my tattoos are layered in their significance. I guess that's why I got them. They have enough depth of thought put into them that I am not just getting them because they look cool only to end up being bored with them in a few years.

Reactions: Dedalus
My mother's reaction to mine was not so dissimilar. Years later, she would still randomly bring up laser removal as a way to "fix the problem". Thankfully I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Little does she know I have ideas for at least 3 or 4 more.
Lucky for me, my mum is supportive of my ink and was present for both my tattoos. Prior to the second session of my fox tattoo, she even got her own first tattoo. She was 64 at the time. So trust me, you're never too old! Haha. My father on the other hand would freak out if he knew I was tattooed. I can recall him saying when I was an early teenager that if I ever got a tattoo I would be cut off as far as any financial support or anything from him. Not sure to what degree he would actually follow through, so I just plan not to mention them.

I get varying reactions to my tattoos. I just appreciate the compliments and let any negativity roll off my back. If someone disapproves, they can just yakno, not look at me.

I actually made it into the tattoo parlor today! I'm so proud, especially since they weren 't opened yet when I first went. I was sure I wouldn't have the nerve to go back.They were super busy so I didn't get to talk to anyone so I just looked around to see what they had...getting closer to figuring out what I want. I might try and go back tomorrow or wait and see if they'll be less busy on a weekday. I can go on my lunch hour.

You should call them and see when a good time to stop by might be. A lot of people make appointments so they can tell you when a slow time during the week might be/a time when they aren't booked, or a day that's normally not so busy for them. :)

I am thinking more and more about getting a new tattoo. I am still strongly considering looking into getting my current one covered up (it doesn't mean as much to me now as it did when I got it), and soon I will start looking around for places in town that do coverup work. I won't be able to do anything until next year, but I want to start planning soon.

Got my tattoo!

28li.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uffington_White_Horse

I'm so happy :D

I gave the image, from my post on page three, to the hubby and asked him to sketch some of the changes for me. (I keep forgetting he is really good at that, lol). He's been home for weeks, so of course when I decide to give him a little project, like sketching a tattoo for me, he gets a call to do a small job...not that I'm complaining...someone has to pay for the tattoo!:blush:

Reactions: jeneticallymodified