Tattoos

Agreed. I got my first tattoo at 23. My mum came with me for my second session and got her first tattoo... at age 64. You're never too old if you find something meaningful to you.

Cool! Then I am seriously going to look into it! :)

I still want to get one of my ankle ones covered up. I was going to get a geisha but I'm glad I changed my mind.

I'm getting my 9th on Tuesday! it is the symbol for OZ (the O inside a Z) to celebrate being a British citizen (there's no place like home, geddit?) We love living in the UK and would never go back to the US.

Reactions: KLS52
Who wants to find me something in memory of Thor (cat in my avatar)...something small, tasteful, kind of soft and fitting for a mature (age-wise) woman...I can't find anything online that I really like.

Which body part will hurt the least?

You really should consider placement based on where you feel it will look best, and not how it will feel to get it. If it hurts, it will sting pretty much anywhere. Though it is not that bad at all, and the pain will be over quick, especially with a small tattoo. You will be glad you got it in that "perfect spot" and not where you thought it would hurt the least. :) Plus, everyone's pain tolerance is different in different areas.

You really should consider placement based on where you feel it will look best, and not how it will feel to get it. If it hurts, it will sting pretty much anywhere. Though it is not that bad at all, and the pain will be over quick, especially with a small tattoo. You will be glad you got it in that "perfect spot" and not where you thought it would hurt the least. :) Plus, everyone's pain tolerance is different in different areas.

Good point, I will keep that in mind!

The closest I could find that would be somewhat would I would want:

Cat-tattoo-19.jpg

But not exactly. I would want color, not black and white. I would want the cat to be more like Thor with his colors, white and brownish/orange and not sleek and exotic looking like this one. It might be cute if the flowers were paw prints...but nothing cartoonish looking.

Not too particular, am I? No wonder I can't find one I like, lol. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. I should probably go to where I would get it done and talk to the tattoo person. They may be able to offer some suggestions.

Oh yeah, and I might want his name in a cool font. :D

Reactions: Dedalus
I would definitely try and talk to whoever you want to do your work! Take in that design and maybe some photos of Thor, tell them what you told us and see what you can come up with together. :)
Artists are used to designing/helping with the design of tattoos. A good artist will be patient and gladly make any chances to the design until you know it's the exact one you want! :)

Reactions: KLS52
I would definitely try and talk to whoever you want to do your work! Take in that design and maybe some photos of Thor, tell them what you told us and see what you can come up with together. :)
Artists are used to designing/helping with the design of tattoos. A good artist will be patient and gladly make any chances to the design until you know it's the exact one you want! :)

what she said.

and for the earlier question, anywhere that's not right on bone, or covered in a bajillion sensitive little nerve-endings, is less painful. so somewhere a bit fatty like a side of a boob or a nice chunky bit of butt cheek is less OUCHy than say... soles of your feet (good luck :p) or on your forehead. :p but then it's gonna itch a bit while it heals too... so factor that in.... and visablilty is important too (under where a watchband would go, is sometimes more prudent than right in the middle of your calf, if you wear knee length skirts a lot for work.

look at styles in art. :) look at different artists who portray cats in their work. look at colours and tones on paint swatches in home depot, even. you'll find a style that works. :)

The closest I could find that would be somewhat would I would want:

View attachment 392

But not exactly. I would want color, not black and white. I would want the cat to be more like Thor with his colors, white and brownish/orange and not sleek and exotic looking like this one. It might be cute if the flowers were paw prints...but nothing cartoonish looking.

Not too particular, am I? No wonder I can't find one I like, lol. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. I should probably go to where I would get it done and talk to the tattoo person. They may be able to offer some suggestions.

Oh yeah, and I might want his name in a cool font. :D

something a little more soft and comforting... like a cosy quilt... but in paint form. :p it is very hard to explain. not childish, but more simple, gentle, uncomplicated. like... i like these cats, and the textures and colours and softness of them:

http://www.heidishaulis.com/