Tattoos

For me, I looked at a lot of tattoo portfolios online until I found a local artist whose style I was in love with. Find someone who is good at doing the sort of tattoos you like to look at. Seek their creative input as well. Tattoo artists are trained to know how to place and compose a tattoo on a body so that it will look the best. I wouldn't recommend just going to any old tattoo shop in your area. Everyone has their own style and specialty, and not all are created equal. For me, I love realistic, custom-designed, colorful work, so those are the artists I seek. If I wanted a fine-line tattoo (I am considering a mendhi-style piece down the line) or something black and grey, I would look for artists who have a special knack for that style.

My new one is slightly wonky--but I knew it would be that way--it comes from an illustration from a book and when you look at it really closely it is not symetrical, but that's what i like about it. it has that hand drawn look. I am really pleased as the OZ symbol is so meaningful to me.

I really want to get my other rib cage done soon!

On a scale of 1 to sobbing on the floor, how much does getting your ribs done hurt?

I've got a tattoo on my ankle/foot and one on my wrist (will post pics later) and want some sort of cherry blossom design on my ribs but I've heard it the most painful place to get a tattoo and I'm such a wimp. My foot hurt enough!

On a scale of 1 to sobbing on the floor, how much does getting your ribs done hurt?

I've got a tattoo on my ankle/foot and one on my wrist (will post pics later) and want some sort of cherry blossom design on my ribs but I've heard it the most painful place to get a tattoo and I'm such a wimp. My foot hurt enough!
Everyone is really different -- I think my foot stung less than my shoulder blades. For my ribs, the birds below that are more on my stomach area stung some. The words on my actual rib bones were fine. :)

Thanks for letting me know, yes I suppose it does depend person to person. I know people who says getting their wrist done really hurt, but I quite enjoyed the sensation of it :blush:

I need to just man the hell up. :sigh:

Reactions: jeneticallymodified
I really want to get more tattoos. I've loved this lotus print for a long time now, and feel like I'd probably get it done. I was thinking maybe inner forearm.
3484622198_00218eb9ac_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geninne/3484622198

I've also really liked this art piece for a long time, too, but not sure if I would get it as a tattoo.
Screenshot2012-06-11at114423PM.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewheatfield/4409653637

I have a bunch of other ideas, but I don't know what I'd end up going with in the end.

The first session on my ribs wasn't too bad, as it was just the outline and shading. The color session was a bit more intense, but not unbearable. My artist worked from the bottom up so by the time the section on my hip was done I think my body was starting to get tired so my ribs were more sensitive. I am still a big believer though that the pain is worth it, and you shouldn't compromise design or location for comfort.

^What are you getting done this time around? I remember when you posted pics of your first one back on the other board. Very exciting!

^What are you getting done this time around? I remember when you posted pics of your first one back on the other board. Very exciting!
I will certainly post pics this time around as well. I have not seen the official design yet. I gave the artist my ideas and he will be working on it sometime between now and Saturday when I go. It will include a rabbit and a garden scene with a bushel basket of freshly harvested vegetables. It has a lot of symbolism for me.

Reactions: Rosie1
I just click upload a file (Post Reply - Upload a File - More Options...) and the box pops up for me to choose which picture I want.