Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Gardein barbecued beefless tips (again, lol) topped with Daiya mozzarella plus fried cabbage and steamed carrots.
Dessert was trail mix (vegan chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins and dried cranberries).

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
A buffalo seitan wrap with sauteed onions and green peppers; veggie chips and hummus

Mashed potatoes, roast marinated seitan and a lamb's lettuce with rapeseed vinaigrette.

Strawberries & kiwis for dessert.

Baked potato! I had a bit struggle, what to use as topping. So I got two types and had both dinner and supper of it.

Hummus is so underrated on baked potato. I tasted in in Edinburgh for the first time, and I was hooked at once.

The other is curried corn. Also something I picked up from there. No clue how they make it, so I just tried out with corn, sour cream, cream and spices. I think I took to much cream in, and it was a bit liquid. And could have been stronger in taste.

poteter.jpg

Reactions: silva and ledboots
A bowl of brussels, peas chopped seitan with evo, ground black pepper and nooch.

Creamy rice pudding for dessert.

Mikkel, I like that hummus and potato idea.
I don't know what I'm having. The weather has put a wrinkle into my cooking plans because I might not be home tonight if the roads are bad, as we might get more snow. We have our busy week at work, and deadlines must be met, so we might end up staying in hotels close to work. I had to pack an overnight bag and leave enough food for Theo, so he should be OK, but I hate it when I can't be in my own home because of work. I would not make a very good traveling saleswoman. :D
I likely will be eating out.

Braised carrots and chicory served with sliced seitan and a lamb's lettuce salad with vinaigrette and nooch.

Strawberries & kiwis for dessert.

Reactions: PTree15
I will be having leftover spaghetti with marinara sauce and a salad of mixed greens with carrots, peppers, chickpeas, black olives and banana peppers topped with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Reactions: shyvas
View attachment 8525

Sautéed seitan served with braised endives and potato wedges.
That looks amazing, shyvas. Now I want endives again. :D

I am having company for the weekend starting tonight, and we will be having black bean, kale and potato soup with Italian bread to start. The entree will be lentil loaf with garlic mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and steamed carrots.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
That looks amazing, shyvas. Now I want endives again. :D

I am having company for the weekend starting tonight, and we will be having black bean, kale and potato soup with Italian bread to start. The entree will be lentil loaf with garlic mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and steamed carrots.

Tx. I really like braised endives so I picked up with 3 bags which were on special offer at Lidl's. I'll be having them for my main meal during the cours of the week.

I like to add sweet potatoes to black bean and kale soup. They add a nice mellow taste and make the colours look great.

What will you be making for dessert ? You are the queen of cakes.;)

12744227_10208584546267954_5151773774160353424_n.jpg

White pizza last night.

Reactions: shyvas
I'm having a toasted sandwich made with homemade granary bread, sliced seitan, French mustard, evo spread and a couple of slices of Violife cheddar. They would call it a croque Monsieur over here.

A salad made with lamb's lettuce, endives, grated carrots, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries; evo/lemon vinaigrette and nooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.