Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I am so sad... made a great couscous last night with onion, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, celery, cherry tomatoes, spices and realized after the meal (which I felt was very small and inadequate) that I had forgotten (again, I think) the chick peas.... chick peas are the whole reason to eat couscous...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Indian Tasty Bites on rice which I cooked with cashews, raisins, garlic powder, fennel seeds, turmeric, paprika with a pita on the side - so sad that we have only one meal left of Tasty Bites as they are no longer making/carrying them anywhere... such an easy meal ... now we will have to make our own as any similar ready-made Indian meals are extremely expensive and full of salt and fats.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

2 days ago: farro with chickpeas, mixed with tomatoes, leafy greens, and peppers, with mustard as dressing. Very nice (I am becoming a big fan of farro- really enjoy its chewiness and the fact that it is so easy to combine with so many foods-it is a healthy alternative to white rice, full of fiber)

Yesterday: farro with mulukhiya (‘jute leaves’ or ‘Egyptian spinach’) topped with mushrooms, white onions in vinegar and roasted oats. Very nice

For dessert (both days): A quick ‘Chia seed pudding’ with banana, blueberries, nuts, raisins, cinnamon, dried barberries; one time I also added almond butter. Very nice

I'm going to pre-smoke an assortment of mushrooms for the grill tonight. I'll make some garlic smashed potatoes and some Asian coleslaw to serve with them. I have some homemade pickled beets kicking around somewhere in my basement if I look. They will be tasty with this dinner too.