September Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, that looks good, minus the coconut. If that were vanilla, I'd be all over it. :D
That's how I feel! I got a pint of Aldis Oatmilk ice cream in coffee- with very low expectations, since I tasted the coconut oil so strongly in their almond milk one, and this also has coconut oil. I really didn't notice the coconut at all! Coffee is one of my favorite flavors too, and when I got home with it it was softened and just perfect. Don't know why I'm saying all of this as they're now all gone...but for next time :up:

I really blew it this summer! Like last April, or whenever it was I was being so healthy, will stay with me as that time I did good :rofl:
I came home, craved a cup of coffee, and want something sweet. If I had strawberry jam I'd grab a spoon....

Reactions: Val
I walked for 45 minutes yesterday. I need to rebuild my fitness/endurance. I'm not sure I did 3 miles, since I was going slower than usual, but it's a start. I will walk again later. It was supposed to be nice today, but we've got lots of clouds and we've had some rain. I'm hoping it will improve for my walk.

I did the 12km race on Saturday. I've been lounging about since then. If it's not raining too much later tonight, I may go for a run. Or if I don't go tonight, then I'll go on Thursday. I skipped my Sunday night run for obvious reasons!

So I did about 6.7 km last night. It was still bloody humid out, so I didn't much enjoy it. However, I think that I would have felt worse had I not pushed myself to go out.

Today I went to my storage unit and moved a bunch of heavy stuff around, so I'm going to count that as a short cross-training workout.

So vacation at the beach was somewhat dietarily problematic. :rolleyes:

But Kelly had fun, so it's all good. She's back at the home, and I have a little repenting to do. :)

Cooler weather sure would help, but it's going to be 94 F today. I'm going to the shelter this afternoon to help our photographer take pictures of the new inmates - I'll probably sweat off some calories. :)

I'm still running 2-3 times a week. Had to skip my run on Thursday because I felt sick, but then I went on Friday. I think I'm addicted to them. I feel really bitchy if I miss too many run days.

Mentally, I'm not feeling so great. I have a doctor appointment this Friday. I'm going to ask her for a referral to a counselor/therapist. Then I might ask her to increase the dosage of my medication. I've been having trouble getting out of bed in the morning, and I feel unmotivated in general.

ETA: I think I'm feeling shitty because of how close it is to the date for my "wedding" that is no longer happening. I have recruited my two good friends for a girls night for that weekend to make me feel better. We'll do something much more fun than hosting a wedding where half the people hate me. **** that. Pardon my French.

Last edited:
Oh, my new goal for this month is to go running with my backpack and forage for food along the path. Right now there are tons of dandelions (leaves for salad, roots for dandelion coffee), apples, and chokecherries. I'll have the zombie chases feature turned "on" so I'll have to randomly run for my life. I hope nobody will see me.

I'm still running 2-3 times a week. Had to skip my run on Thursday because I felt sick, but then I went on Friday. I think I'm addicted to them. I feel really bitchy if I miss too many run days.

Mentally, I'm not feeling so great. I have a doctor appointment this Friday. I'm going to ask her for a referral to a counselor/therapist. Then I might ask her to increase the dosage of my medication. I've been having trouble getting out of bed in the morning, and I feel unmotivated in general.

ETA: I think I'm feeling shitty because of how close it is to the date for my "wedding" that is no longer happening. I have recruited my two good friends for a girls night for that weekend to make me feel better. We'll do something much more fun than hosting a wedding where half the people hate me. **** that. Pardon my French.
Big hugs to you, Katrina. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.