September Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had lentil soup for breakfast. I'm so used to eating toast that I had to think what else I could have. I don't like porridge.

I've ordered stuff to make green smoothies and a block of tofu to make tofu scrambles.

I'm about to go for a walk.:)

Same goals as always. August was a big fail! And now I am stress eating a bunch of crap. I am continuing the walks on the treadmill. I have not got on the scale in a while.

Hello September. If you do your job, I'll do mine. You be cooler with little humidity and no major launches of heavenly giant vegan sandwiches, and I'll do my walking and yoga and eat whole foods. Promise. :broccoli:

🤞

Hello September. If you do your job, I'll do mine. You be cooler with little humidity and no major launches of heavenly giant vegan sandwiches, and I'll do my walking and yoga and eat whole foods. Promise. :broccoli:

🤞
nice pep talk! :)

Last edited:
Im having a rough start- all I want to do today is eat. Yesterday I really over shopped for groceries and my fridge is packed :argh:.
It's almost like I was subliminally trying to keep from buying that fridge I want.

Im having a rough start- all I want to do today is eat. Yesterday I really over shopped for groceries and my fridge is packed :argh:.
It's almost like I was subliminally trying to keep from buying that fridge I want.
Sometimes you just need those days/weeks to eat whatever the heck you want!

Reactions: PTree15
Another 3lbs down so only 2lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. Not sure how that happened as I've been eating like a maniac but ok, we will go with it. Have been walking more & doing the odd workout here & there. Also baby eats & eats & eats (hungry boy like his mama,lol.)

Just want to continue with being a bit more active in September & walking while the weather is still nice :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
The mornings here have been ever so slightly cooler, which really helps with my morning walks.

We're taking Kelly to the beach this weekend (fingers crossed for decent post Dorian weather) where I'm sure we'll feast and splay on the sand. We'll only be there for four days, so how much damage could possibly be done? :leer:

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I forgot that yesterday, it was 1 year and 7 months without booze for Unghshu.:pig: I made exceptions 3 times though😁: last August, when we were drinking wine with cool Armenians on mount Mamdzhyshkha in Abkhazia; and this August - on the ships, when we were dining in fancy restaurants onboard, lol. But i noticed that my liver gets angry more when i don't eat enough raw veggies, when i eat too much salt and if i drink "vile stuff" (a.k.a. Lipton, Pulpy, Fuzetea, or similar things). My sister was laughing a lot at this expression.:lol:
Aaand... it's been 2+ months, or more without chocolate (and any cocoa beans)! I think, i devoured some cocoa powder though (it was in vegan soft cranberry cookies we were eating onboard), but as soon as my blocky carcass is free from this poison now (and for me, cocoa powder is real poison), i didn't suffer too much having eaten those cookies. Sometimes it's hard to walk through chocolate aisles in grocery stores and not buy a "harmless" chocolate bar. But i had many chances to realize that it's not harmless, and eating it can cost me a lot. I'm just tired of suffocating of this ****ing COPD, so i think, holding on and not having any chocolate even if i want to, is worth being free from COPD seizures, cough, shortened breath, pain in the chest, and even blood in mucus after cough. Twice (or even three times) i had blood in my mucus (i just felt the taste), and i didn't like it.
Of course, if i don't drink turmeric with pepper for a very long time, it can get worse. But being able to control COPD, and basically living WITHOUT COPD, is an amazing feeling. I feel so bad for those who have severe COPD... Maybe all they need to do is to improve (change) their diet, and/or get rid of main triggers, like i did. Btw, i didn't make it up: i was digging and digging the info "with my nose", to find out what can i do not to die of COPD, because sometimes things were getting so bad, that i was really desperate and was thinking about writing my last will, haha. Sumerian gods were helping me too (i can't tell what they were doing, but it was a significant help). Anyway, it was not enough to get rid of symptoms. So i decided that i'm doing something wrong, found some key info and started taking turmeric, pepper and amla. I also started eating more raw. And then i noticed that i had seizures right after eating chocolate. I googled it and it became clear that all i needed to do is to get rid of chocolate.
I don't know what kind of challenge i'll have to go through this winter (super wet air and frost are among them every year), but i do know that i have to do something to prevent exacerbations of COPD and liver disease.
I'm also thinking of getting flu vaccine before another flu epidemy breaks up. Because i doubt Sumerian gods would understand if i get flu again. They made a huge job on saving my glands and my hearing, and i can't let them down.👽 :zen: :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.