Sending out good energy.

Hog

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I was going to post a tirade about all the a$$holes of the world. It had something to do with people playing king of the hill in an attempt to get moral high ground. Fortunately, I deleted that post two seconds after I hit return.

Some members of this forum are able to think about the positives of being vegan instead of the negatives of not being vegan. If I walk around p!ssed off and angry, then I am not going to convince anybody to consider the merits of going vegan. In fact, I might become cynical and give up on being a vegan myself.

I have to reduce my negative energy. Any suggestions?

If you do not have suggestions, then at least say a prayer for me.

Last edited:
I started to share then thought better about it. I think my only advice would be to ask, why do you want to be vegan and keep reminding yourself of that. You’re not going to change the A$$holes of the world. At least not overnight. And yes, I think we lead best by example. So try not to beat yourself up over it. I don’t get mad/angry but I do get a little depressed because after 15 years, I still feel a little deprived, even though I’ve found ways to recreate the foods I love. But it’s almost like it takes too much effort. I think, for me, it’s the lack of available vegan food when I’m away from home. But that seems to be changing, albeit slowly.

I guess I ended up sharing a little bit, anyway, lol.

That’s all I’ve got, unfortunately. I can say a little prayer for you, too. :)

I saw that one of the angriest vegan on this forum was recently banned (Forest Kitten). Dam she was brutal. So much hatred in her. I don't know why she was banned.

Reactions: Hog
I saw that one of the angriest vegan on this forum was recently banned (Forest Kitten). Dam she was brutal. So much hatred in her. I don't know why she was banned.

There seems to be no shortage of holier than thou know it alls in the veg*n community.

Some have better social skills than others, however.

Reactions: Mischief and Hog
I have trouble understanding what you are actually asking, but about reducing negativity... that's something I happen to be an expert in. I have tried everything... I wanted to have a decent life despite the circumstances. I wanted to get to know myself, accept myself and take control of what I could.
What helps me, personally, would be to give myself some time. Take a walk, do something you love (to me it would be drawing), lay on the floor listening to some music or a guided meditation, take a shower, escape to your inner realm, etc.... Those help me, but isn't for everyone, you must find out what works for you.
Some years ago I would meditate alot and during that time I'd let all the feelings out, meaning that usually I'd cry.

I can't control other people, sometimes I can't accept their actions...or escape their harmful impact.
But I have to carry on somehow... Hopefully you can also.

"When you have the will
You learn to forgive and to forget
You have to -
Collect the broken pieces and
Humble hearted
Stand up from the place where you hide

Follow your heart to the light
Live your dream and breath."

Last edited by a moderator:
Negative energy (yours) is a choice.

If you are around negative toxic people and you don't have to be then you remove yourself from that situation.

If you have to be around these people then you stay being positive and control your emotions, do not allow anyone else to control you.

If sounds kooky but radiate love outwards ... as the song from Wet Wet Wet says

I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
The love that's all around me
And so the feeling grows
It's written on the wind
It's everywhere I go....

When I see people, I see people. I don't see vegans and non-vegans.... we were all non-vegans not so long ago so everyone is just a human being having an earth experience and everyone has a different plan/agenda/learning curve.

You can do this!! I have confidence.

Emma JC

There's so much in this world to care about, and care for! I don't shelter immigrants, I don't foster children, don't hold the hands of the dying or hold babies born addicted. There are so many who do wonderful things, things that bring about real change in this world, and most are not vegan....
I'm not a particularly nice person, but I am kind.
It's unfortunate that so many who preach kindness in one area can be so mean to those who are driven to help in other areas.

"There are so many who do wonderful things, things that bring about real change in this world, and most are not vegan" - Silvia

@ Silvia - I doubt you suffer from narcissism.

• Friendly
Reactions: silva and Emma JC
If I walk around p!ssed off and angry, then I am not going to convince anybody to consider the merits of going vegan. In fact, I might become cynical and give up on being a vegan myself.
I don't think you will fail at being vegan, because you went into this journey for the animals. You cannot unsee what you've seen.

I think there are many forms of advocacy. Being angry could have some merits but then it may be turned against you. It depends on the context.
I think, however, that it is good that some people see our sadness and our anger.
But if you want to educate people or have a rational conversation about animal ethics, then it might be better to find the right arguments and try to understand your interlocutor. Think that many people are not as advanced as you in their reflection about animal exploitation. So yea, we need patience.

• Agree
Reactions: silva and Emma JC