Seeking a Vegan Kitchen to Test Recipes (NC or anywhere US)

1bigvegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Seeking a Vegan Kitchen to Test Mock Meat/Cheese Recipes (NC or anywhere US)

Hello All,

As the title says, I'm seeking a vegan kitchen in order to test out several different mock meat and vegan cheese recipes. I'm currently designing several different vegan business plans in order to become a vegan entrepreneur. Many of the businesses involve creating culinary menus for catering services, pop ups, food trucks, restaurants, etc. A big reason why I am seeking a out a great kitchen is because I am currently living a very nomadic life in traveling and #vanlife. I do not seek a room and board as I do have living arrangements met through my van. One thing the van does not have is a kitchen source, hence my thread.

About myself - I am a professional vegan chef with over 15 years hospitably experience in managing and build restaurants as well as consulting in existing concepts. Recently I have also gained a certification as a vegan lifestyle coach and educator (VLCE) through the Main Street Vegan Academy. I'm taking some time off from working right now in order to continue in writing design plans and test conceptual recipes. I have no criminal background and references can be given if needed.

I currently live in North Carolina since that is closer to family but I am willing to move and travel anywhere in the country that fits mutual needs. And of course in exchange for kitchen usage, you will have the opportunity to indulge in any and all recipes in mock meats, vegan cheeses, pizzas, etc. I can also assist in personal chef meals, dinner parties, catering events, etc.

Any and all help or advice is welcomed, thank you.

*** Mod Edit AndyT : Have added location to your thread title. ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppy

Senior
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Have you thought about renting off-hours kitchen space at vegan restaurants or vegan food trucks? Here in central Virginia, I know that there are some places that rent commercial kitchen spaces (including various equipment), but of course, the renter before you might not have been vegan.

1bigvegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Have you thought about renting off-hours kitchen space at vegan restaurants or vegan food trucks? Here in central Virginia, I know that there are some places that rent commercial kitchen spaces (including various equipment), but of course, the renter before you might not have been vegan.
Yes, I have thought about that and there are definitely vegan establishments, in certain areas I normally travel through, that I could ask for assistance. Although I'm trying not to spend to much actual cash on test recipes, I'd rather exchange my talents or services but if it comes to needing to do that I'll have to use it as an option.

Thanks for the suggestion Poppy!

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
1BV,

all the best wishes and success to your venture from a fellow vegan in Europe :)

Have taken the liberty to add the location to your thread title so possible interested parties might see it better.

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Some additional consideration ... have you considered approaching any charities that do regular food gatherings for people in need?

They might appreciate your help and be in need of great ideas to provide healthy and affordable food to people in need, if gathering further experience is helpful for you.

If they have premises, they might allow you to use those for pop-ups in the time they are not using them.

1bigvegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Some additional consideration ... have you considered approaching any charities that do regular food gatherings for people in need?

They might appreciate your help and be in need of great ideas to provide healthy and affordable food to people in need, if gathering further experience is helpful for you.

If they have premises, they might allow you to use those for pop-ups in the time they are not using them.
Hello Andy T

Yes I have thought about seeking out any programs that I may volunteer at with but unfortunately there are not many specific organizations that are strictly vegan. I myself would not like to ever again be apart of something that directly benefits the animal agriculture.

Thank you for your suggestion and I will also look into adding my location to this thread, although my location changes quite often.

• 👍
Reactions: Andy_T
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mitchmcc New "What The Health vegan" seeking advice Transitioning 9
C Seeking advice on resources for better vegan transition Transitioning 3
V UK Seeking to Interview Research Participants Environment 0
KLS52 Four Blind Cats Seeking Forever Animals 0
croonprince US Seeking Sound Recordist for Short Movie Promo General 0
croonprince Job Seeking Sound Recordist for Short Movie Promo Marketplace 0
C Seeking local vegans lincs/notts Introduce Yourself 0
VeganBurg SF Seeking Restaurant Mgr for new VeganBurg in San Francisco General 4
Indian Summer News Hillary Clinton is seeking nomination for president General Discussion 27
B Product Vegan Scented Soy Candles & Premium Home Fragrance Marketplace 0
H vegan for life Introduce Yourself 3
David3 Usher switches to vegan diet General 1
Kirtisharma Looking for Vegan Perfume Products 1
H Nutrition & Diet Dr Greger/Stroke/Vegan Health & Body 8
Mork Best vegan Faux Meat brands? Food & Drink 16
Jaydoesitgood Social pressure to be the"Good Chill Vegan" Support 9
R Help-Wish to Be Vegan Again-Tempted by halloumi & goats cheese! Food & Drink 1
VeganForum Vegan For Life: Updated,Revised,Expanded & All-New Health & Body 5
R Benji and How to go Back to Being Vegan Transitioning 5
Graeme M Vegan and Farmer Connections General 6
meib Online live vegan cooking classes Marketplace 0
Jaydoesitgood Anyone wanna make a vegan childrens book? Products 0
shyvas Vegan Food Brands that Sell Meat/Dairy Food & Drink 1
P New vegan-Need recipes & advice Pls Support 15
F US Vegan Animal Communicator Support 5
NYC Gardener Going from Veganish to Vegan Transitioning 27
K UK Vegan cosmetics and nutrition Marketplace 2
R What are the most realistic vegan cheeses? Food & Drink 28
Chris509 Funny- Many stories can have vegan facts in them Philosophy 2